This week was a wild one! Every day I kept asking “what day is it?” I 100% over committed myself and my schedule was ever-changing by the day it seemed but I really can’t complain as it was for all good things. While I want to collapse into bed tonight, I’m hosting some friends over for dinner on my roof but I am happy that I have zero plans for tomorrow morning so I am hopeful that a few extra Zzzs are in my future!
In exciting news, I announced my first reader meet-up this week! If you’re in NYC, I’d love to meet you on September 25th! You can RSVP here.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had the most amazing time toasting Katharine McGee’s book that I LOVED, American Royals which came out this week. Grace and Becca of the Bad on Paper podcast hosted the loveliest afternoon tea with Random House and Katharine at The Whitby Hotel and it was such a fun group and so nice to meet Katharine in person!
- Got to meet with the Shopbop team while they were in town for NYFW & their new pop up which is amazing! My very first blog post ever on wit & whimsy was about Shopbop and it’s been an honor to work with the brand in the past but meeting their team was so special. I still have pinch me moments when brands like this reach out – all these years of blogging later.
- Finally tried the burger at The Clocktower. Verdict: delicious!
- Attended the annual fundraiser for Sundara which is an amazing charity I’ve supported financially in the past. Sundara recycles old hotel soap into new bars, giving them a second life. They hire local women to do this work, lifting them from poverty with fair wage livelihoods, and they distribute the soap to their communities while providing free hygiene education classes for vulnerable populations. It is an amazing cause if you have some spare dollars and want to help support them! You can donate here.
- Want to explore the charming neighborhoods of Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill? I’ve just updated my guide to these areas!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This is a chilling read on the role of luck, fate and life’s randomness as it relates to September 11th. Have the tissues ready.
- Maybe the best way to find love…isn’t an app?
- How to motivate yourself when you’re on deadline.
- Tips for tidying up your life.
- Delicious ways to eat sweet potatoes this Fall.
- Why you’re doing something important when you’re not doing anything.
- Use this map to track when the best fall foliage is coming to your state.
- I opt out of New York Fashion Week shows nowadays but I loved seeing Veronica Beard’s presentation for Spring – it looks SO good!
- For my fellow New Yorkers, Nordstrom has announced an amazing addition to their already good return policy.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Club Monaco has brought back three of my favorite coats that I own this season! This one, this one and this one (which is a new plaid from last year’s that I wore here). They also brought this great jacket out in a classic camel that is gorgeous. While they are investment pieces, they also are so well made and such timeless styles.
- Speaking of bringing styles back, Sezane has a new version of one of my most beloved cardigans that I wore here. I bought the taupe!
- If you liked my Ann Taylor looks here you can now score them for 40% off! Shop here & use code FRIENDS40.
- Ooo la la, Cuyana’s new work bag is stunning.
- The J.Crew new arrivals are G-O-O-D! Loving the new cozy coats like this one and this one, this fuzzy sweater, this hair bow (bought!) and this darling sweater. (You know I love a puff sleeve!)
- I got this Pumpkin Patch candle in a mailing and OMG it is heaven. Been burning it constantly.
- How chic is this colorblock turtleneck? Love it paired with white denim. And under $100!
- Speaking of color blocked, I love this Madewell cardigan in the prettiest neutrals. *Adds to cart*
- So many good jeans, so little time.
- My beloved short sleeve Madewell bodysuit is back in stock! I wear it in a Large and also have the long sleeve version as I layer these under all my blazers and cardigans!
- These suede booties have nearly 1,800 reviews and almost 5 stars on Amazon! Loads of color options and the perfect heel height to make them practical for every day.
- The season for The Amazon Coat is almost upon us. Will you be joining ladies everywhere sporting it?
- Saw these loafers on a friend recently and they looked so chic.
- How cute is this suede jacket?
- & Other Stories makes some of my favorites sweaters in my closet and they have so many good ones for the Fall. They’re well made and priced right. I spotted this cardigan and this cardigan, this sweater, this sweater, this sweater, this sweater & this sweater.
- I absolutely love the new ballet flats that M.Gemi released this week! I love that the ankle strap is removable. These ooze French chicness to me.
- Speaking of shoes, I spotted these chic mules from Soludos of all brands on Instagram and think they are the perfect Fall shoe! I also love these booties they came out with.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- Two pairs of pants I am loving wearing. (Now 40% off!)
- Time management tips to swear by.
- Things in my closet I can’t wait to wear this fall.
- My current favorite affordable sweater + Fall bucket list.
- How to wind down when traveling for work.
- My favorite pumps styled two ways.
- So many cute plaid blazers (and how to style them!)
- Two affordable pairs of jeans I wear all the time.