This week was all about attention span for me. Lately I’ve been reading a lot about productivity as I try to determine methodologies to help break some of my bad habits. (A few of the articles are linked below.) I am working through how to better improve my focus and allow myself to maximize every day. It’s a huge area of focus for me and I hope to see improvements in the coming weeks and months.
Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Started reading Maybe You Should Talk to Someone and wow, wow, wow I absolutely love it. I connect so much with the writer’s voice and as someone who has gone to therapy I love reading about some of the tactics and ideas she shares.
- Started to view a couple of apartments. Fellow New Yorkers, let me know if you hear of any amazing studios opening up this Spring!
- Signed contracts for three exciting collaborations coming to the blog next month!
- Returned to shooting. I hadn’t missed taking photos in the cold, I can tell you that much- ha!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Things chefs always buy at Trader Joe’s.
- Krystal shared a great post about her favorite hotels in NYC.
- A former night owl’s guide to becoming a morning person.
- I felt SO seen by this article. Learning to be better about focusing and prioritizing is such a priority for me this year. This one is also a fascinating read and I took away several great tips from it (so many so that I bookmarked it!)
- For my fellow New Yorkers, restaurants and bars to help you get through the rest of Winter.
- 15 easy Super Bowl Sunday recipes.
- As someone who travels alone pretty regularly, I totally agree with these lessons you’ll learn while traveling by yourself.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My beloved Madewell jacket I wear all Spring & Fall is fully restocked and on sale! I have it in a Medium and wore it here. Madewell also just released two similar styles that I like – here and here.
- Speaking of Madewell, hello, cute new arrivals! This chic and functional bag (major vintage Celine vibes from this!), this happy swimsuit, this darling cover up, this perfect eyelet blouse, this versatile top, this classic cardigan, this lounge set and this beautiful dress were all standouts for me from the new collection.
- Popped into Athleta this week and promptly fell in love with this jacket and this (insanely soft) pullover.
- I’ve been taking this Nue Co. de-bloat supplement lately and it works SO well! You use the smallest amount so this jar will last you a long time.
- Aerie’s swimwear was so good last year but by the time I found that out all the sizes had sold out so I’m sharing with you guys now so we can all get in on the goodness before Spring rolls around. A few favorites include this style and this style.
- A reader recommended this (on sale) sweatshirt saying it is the coziest thing ever and she’s been living it this Winter. It looks so soft and so my style!
- Somebody got me this notebook and I absolutely love it.
- My H&M swimsuit from last year highly surpassed my quality expectations so I am eyeing this one as it looks designer.
- Attempting a closet clean out in the near future? I suggest these, these & these to make your life easier and much-improved.
- A great blazer that’s under $100. Also love this tweed one (although the styling on the model is so weird! Look past that lol.)
- The best dupe for my beloved Vince leather jacket is back in stock!
- This sweatshirt dress looks so soft and cozy.
- This midi dress is so my style.
- Love the ruffle neckline on this top.
- Liberty London is one of my favorite stops in London & I’m really loving this utility jacket from their collab with J. Crew.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite ways to hibernate during Winter.
- Some of my favorite purchases of 2019.
- Book and TV recommendations.
- Affordable pieces to get you through the rest of winter.
- How I manage my anxiety.
- Many ways to wear the popular J.Crew Sweater Blazer.
- My 2020 reading list.