Phew. What an emotional, anxious, intense, historic week. One I won’t soon forget. I hope you’re taking good care of yourself and doing what you need to do to make each day as good as it can be. In other news, my monthly newsletter goes out tomorrow! If you’re not yet on the list, you can sign up here. And my first gift guide will be live tomorrow, too so be sure to check back here then! I’m excited for my holiday content to finally be out in the world! It’s been bringing me extra joy of late :). Enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Was on edge and rather a shell of a human if we’re being honest.
- Watched The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix and loved it. It’s a little dark but so entertaining.
- Finished this delightful Paris memoir. A great escape to Paris during these times.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I loved this spotlight on the FDNY who have been working around the clock through the pandemic. True heroes.
- 12 delicious sounding sweet potato recipes – yum!
- And even more delicious recipes – Half Baked Harvest (my favorite!) rounded up all her best slow cooker recipes.
- French Netflix series for watching while you stay at home.
- I’m so excited that Bobbi Brown has started a new clean beauty brand! I LOVE her namesake line so this is super promising.
- I’ve been taking baths almost nightly to get off my phone and calm down so I loved seeing Grace’s favorite bath products (we have several similar favorites!)
- Curious about how bloggers make money? Check out my friend Merrit’s post. (Related: Behind the scenes of wit & whimsy).
- While we didn’t learn the results of every race on Election Night, we did see a lot of triumphs throughout the country, in particular for women of color and LGBTQ+ people. This article recapped many of those wins!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Spotted some good new arrivals at Banana Republic. Favorites include this sherpa jacket, this sweater, this hoodie & this coat.
- This favorite cardigan is now fully restocked! I’m wearing a M here. And my favorite teddy sweatshirt I reach for over and over again and wore here now comes in new colors!
- I’m loving this slouchy sweater, this puff sleeve top & the wash on these jeans.
- If you like the True & Co bras I’ve been touting but want something with just a bit more structure, I recommend this Wacoal one I’ve been testing lately that the brand was kind enough to send me. I really like how soft and comfortable it is but the support it provides despite no underwire.
- I spotted so many good new arrivals from Nordstrom Rack! These Frye boots are on major sale (!!!), these Hunter Boots come in 3 color options, these Madewell jeans, my go-to Nike Sports bra, my beloved silk eye mask, this faux leather puffer, this moto jacket that’s Instagram famous and this cute Marc Jacobs crossbody.
- This is a great price for a ribbed cashmere beanie which is a closet staple for me come this time of year.
- I recommend these yoga pants I scored from Amazon last month. Good quality for the price!
- Speaking of Amazon Fashion, I’m loving the new colors of “The Amazon Coat“.
- How cozy does this chic sweater look?
- I’m adding this investment fisherman sweater to my wish list. (This is one of my favorite small businesses to support! The quality is so good).
- This sherpa sweatshirt has my name all over it.
- Nordstrom is now carrying some LL.Bean pieces!
- This oversized cashmere wrap is currently 25% off through Sunday and would make such a good gift for your mom, sister or best friend.
- Love the fun ruffle details on this classic button down.
- This oversized oatmeal sweater looks so cozy and I love the mock neck style.
- If your wunderlust is out of control like me, this 2021 calendar is for you.
- My Holiday Shop is live! I’m just getting started so keep checking back & refreshing the categories for even more ideas. These are exclusive gift ideas you won’t see in my gift guides or elsewhere in my content.
- ‘Tis the season for matching family holiday jammies!
- I love the idea of a metallic scarf as a way to be festive atop your outerwear this holiday season!
- While holiday dressing will be a bit more casual this year I am still planning to dress in a festive manner! I am loving J.Crew’s new festive pieces. This top, this sparkle cardigan, these flats, this blouse, this black watch cardigan, these pants, this scrunchie, these socks and this button down.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The best cold weather picks from Amazon Fashion.
- So many good sherpa jackets and sweaters.
- The best clean mascaras.
- Casual Fall outfit ideas with jeans.
- What to buy from the Sephora sale.
- Welcoming the holiday season here on w&w.