This week I felt relief. With the arrival of my furniture I could finally, finally settle into my space. I spent all weekend and week doing organizing projects, purchasing final items for the design, planning what to put on the walls and clearing out clutter. It felt *so* good. The snowy days also provided the perfect excuse to stay busy inside and get extra cozy. It felt so nice and I really warmed to the space each evening- settling in and seeing all the patience and hard work come to life.
Next week on wit & whimsy is going to be what I am affectionately calling Lounge Week! I’ll be sharing all the clothes I’ve been living in when it comes to be comfy and cozy at home. And tomorrow my next monthly newsletter goes out & will have special bonus content! I’m sharing the curated lists you guys sent in of your favorite recipes, books, TV shows and movies of 2020! You can sign up here if you’re not on the list. Just be sure to do so before 10AM EST Saturday.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Started watching Bling Empire and wow. Just wow. Have any of you watched?
- Finished Untamed by Glennon Doyle. I really enjoyed the stories and the empowering messages throughout.
- Made this skillet dish and really enjoyed it.
- Had my first call about a piece of art I am commissioning for my apartment! I am SO excited as I’ve never invested in art or had art that I really love. Proper Shoppe specializes in this and are guiding me through the experience and they connected me to a fellow Brooklyn resident who is painting the piece: Alex Soffer! I’ll be sharing the experience with you all and can’t wait to do so! Alex’s work is amazing and I can’t believe I’ll get a piece to have forever.
- I was slathering this hand cream on my hands all week. I usually hate hand creams – too fragrant, too slippery, too slimey – you name it. But I am in love with this fragrance free – dries immediately – makes hands oh-so-soft and cuticles more tame instantly – hand cream.
- I updated the My Closet Shop, the Work It Out shop and my Home Favorites shop!
- Opened up the first ever call for submissions for a Reader Curated Edition of the Weekly Roundup! If you have a story, article, brand, product or cause you’d like me to consider including in next Friday’s Roundup – please email it to me! meghan [@] witwhimsy.com!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How good does this Parisian aperitif snack recipe sound?
- You guys know I’m a big believer in manifesting so I enjoyed this read.
- On the importance of rituals and marking special occasions – it’s more important than ever.
- The struggle of being single during the pandemic.
- I shared some of my moving tips with MyDomaine.
- Ok how delicious does this soup from the New York Times sound?
- Paris, shuttered, must be imagined. Oh how I miss Paris…
- Black History Month started on Monday – here are a few ways to honor it.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I’ve been on an organizing spree this week! I ordered these drawer separators that brought me a lot of joy to have more tidy dresser drawers, built myself spice shelves using these command shelves (they turned out so well!) and also ordered these and this for organizing my makeup. I’ll be sharing photos of everything once finalized!
- I now have a code for Margaux shoes if you’re in the market! You can use code Meghan10 for 10% off your purchase!
- One of the best decisions I made lately is putting my Alexa Dot in my bathroom. I love being able to listen to music in the shower, do a meditation in the bath and set timers easily for my skincare tools. Such a handy tool to utilize!
- Westman Atelier just launched new shades of two of my favorite products: the Baby Cheeks Blush and the Face Trace Contour Stick. These products are pricey but trust me when I say they are SO GOOD. They are also super blendable so a little goes a long way. They also just launched some of their bestsellers at Sephora.
- I have been living in my two colors of this cozy turtleneck lately.
- I am loving the new colors of Everlane’s Perform legging! The Pine color is on my list to buy.
- The candles I always buy when in Paris are finally restocked at Nordstrom!
- Crate + Barrel – who I have loved shopping at for the past year as I get my new space ready – just dropped a bunch of Spring decor and the new arrivals are so good!
- With Spring on my mind, I bought this utility jacket and it’s so cute. I got a M. Very Madewell-esque.
- I’ve been living in this affordable sporty pullover lately. It’s Lululemon quality but only $33. The M fits me perfectly.
- A small goal of mine this year is to buy some new jewelry pieces. I recently bought two rings and a necklace from Sophiya and was really impressed with the quality for the price.
- Hello, cute new arrivals from Banana Republic! Particularly loving this classic trench, this hoodie, this waffle sweater (and the cardigan version!), these white sneakers and this timeless sweater.
- Also loving Anthro’s spring arrivals! Especially this darling romper, this dress I’m going to need (will wear it with these sneakers!), these leggings, this pretty top & this striped sweater.
- This cozy and warm coat of mine is now on sale!
- This brand has so many greeting cards including a really fun selection for Valentine’s & Galentine’s Day next week.
- Love this oversized striped mock neck sweater.
- This quilted topper is so cute and I can’t believe its under $20!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Things I’ve bought and loved recently.
- The best views of the Eiffel Tower for your next trip to Paris.
- Reflections on 10 years in New York City.
- My full review of the Vuori joggers!
- My 2021 wish list.
- All my favorite coats.