Thank you all so much for the love on the extension of Paris, Perfected this week – it meant a lot to me! The early bird special remains available for a few more days if you want to take advantage of it!
I drove down to DC yesterday to spend the weekend with my friends who are moving back to CA shortly. I’m so sad they are leaving but grateful for the time we’ve had together during their time on the East Coast. Even more grateful that we are all fully vaccinated and can spend this weekend together.
Also, the Sephora Sale opened up to VIB Rouge today so I’ve included a section dedicated to my top picks below if you’re shopping the sale today!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Launched a membership for all my fellow francophiles!
- It’s peony season!! I ordered a bunch from Urbanstems because the season is short and they’ll sell out! You can use my code WITWHIMSY20 for 20% off!
- Shot three campaigns that I can’t wait to share with you all.
- Soaked up the cherry blossoms in Central Park – twice!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Reflecting on how COVID has changed our personalities.
- I was really moved by my friend Lindsay’s vulnerable and powerful post about having children.
- A walk through Paris’s Palais Royal. One of my very favorite spots!
- Bookmarking this lemon pasta to make this season!
- This was so fun to see inside one of the beautiful brownstones in my neighborhood.
- Grab your tissues – this is such a beautiful story.
- Wow – this new NYC restaurant looks so beautiful. I definitely want to go!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This cute layered necklace has over 5,000 reviews!
- This throw on and go dress would get a ton of wear this summer. Loving this one, too.
- Apparently these adidas shoes are some of the most popular sneakers on Amazon in history! (Do any of you have them!?)
- My BFF surprised me with this Olive + June polish in shade EC and I am obsessed – it’s the perfect sheer pinky/neutral for every day wear. She also got me the viral Olive + June applicator brush and I have to say – color me impressed. I can finally paint my nails at home it seems!
- Madewell has such a good classic pair of ballet flats right now! I saw them in person and they are beautiful.
- These bestselling hats have sun protection and are packable!
- Adding this new book on Paris to my cart!
- Williams Sonoma has a major sale going on right now! Get tools, gadgets, dishware and more on sale!
- Here are the too-cute pajamas I was wearing in Wednesday’s post!
- I just got this dress and it is easy, breezy perfection. The M fit me perfectly.
- This ruffle midi dress is such a good basic for this season. I also love the eyelet detail on this similar dress.
- Mango has some adorable bags right now including this top handle rattan bag, this jute tote, and this basket bag.
- I’ve heard a few people on Instagram raving about these jeans, you really can’t beat the $30 price tag. Color me curious.
- How chic is this wrap-style one piece swimsuit?
SEPHORA SALE PICKS:
- Ilia makes some of my all-time favorite clean products. My favorites include this skin tint which is great for Zoom calls as it is light coverage with skincare benefits (I wear it this way and trust me when I say you will LOVE how your skin looks!), I also love this foundation (I wear shade Formentera), this setting powder (just as good as the Laura Mercier one but with no talc!), this multi-use lip/cheek color (Waking Up and Temptation are my favorite shades), this liquid light (mix a pump with your foundation for the prettiest glow), this concealer (in Chicory), this lipstick (in Wild Rose) and this priming serum that ensures makeup goes on smoothly and stays on. You can see a full review of all Ilia product I love here.
- Now is the time to splurge on Westman Atelier on sale. If you buy one thing let it be the Baby Cheeks Blush. My full review of the brand is here.
- If you liked my review of Merit Beauty – you can score it on sale now.
- I use the Youth to the People the Superfood cleanser and the Superfood Cream (it has the best matte finish) daily and I also absolutely love this SuperBerry mask – especially in the winter. This is one of my favorite clean skincare lines.
- This Supergoop Zinc Screen is my go-to for every day wear but the brand’s new Sheer Screen is also great (I’ve been testing it the past two weeks).
- I always travel with the Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask as it does wonders for lackluster skin. I also have the brand’s new Lip Butter Balm and really like it.
- If you’ve been coveting the Dyson Airwrap – now is your chance to get it on sale. If I had longer hair I would 100% have already bought this. The tutorials I’ve seen are amazing!
- This foundation brush will blow your mind. It applies makeup so, so well and always leaves my skin looking better. It’s so worth it.
- The Drunk Elephant’s Baby Facial is holy grail for me. Leave it on for 20 minutes once a week and your face is renewed. Goodbye dead skin cells, hello GLOW. The product’s cult status is totally justified.
- The very best matte concealer I have found is this one by Lilah B. I wear shade B.radiant. It is just as good as the NARS one everyone (myself included) loves. Trust me when I say this concealer is really, really good.
- A clean highlighter I am absolutely in love with is this RMS one which I’ve been using daily.
- If I was told I could only wear one lip color for the rest of my life it would probably be this Bite Beauty one in Brandy (honestly the most photogenic color I’ve ever experience – if I do so say myself – ha! I have this product in 4 shades and with 2,000 reviews clearly I’m not alone in loving it!). You can see me try on a bunch of the shades here.
- This Kosas mascara gives mega fluffy languages! Full review here. I also love their new bronzer. It’s been my go-to for the past couple months since it came out.
- Got maskne? Don’t miss my two favorite cures for it! This Caudalie Purifying Toner and this Acne Serum! Read more about them here. Also in the sale, my very favorite moisturizer for this time of year: this Caudalie SOS cream. You’ll notice an improvement in your dry skin in just one use. I use it nearly every single night. Other clean Caudalie products I love and use regularly include this brightening serum (it’s great for dark spots – I use it every morning!), this brightening moisturizer I use in the morning on no makeup days, this firming serum I’ve already gone through a bottle of this year – it’s great!, this eye balm that’s great for AM and PM, this Brightening Essence every morning, and this detox mask that always sells out and is a favorite for helping clogged pores. If you want to see some of the items in action – check out my Morning Skincare Routine. And don’t miss my full review of Caudalie.
- Want a new face mask to try? I recommend this amazingly soothing and hydrating Honey Potion mask or this Glow Recipe Avocado Retinol Sleeping Mask. I own and love both.
- Indie Lee makes my favorite clean toner and this discovery set is a great + affordable way to get introduced to some of her fan favorite products.
- This charcoal shampoo is one of my best beauty buys of the year. It healed my scalp issues, it smells amazing and makes my hair feel so good. I did a full review of the Briogeo Charcoal Shampoo, too.
- My favorite Necessaire body wash is now at Sephora! I am addicted to the Eucalyptus scent.
- Even more Sephora sale picks.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How I majorly upgraded my bed.
- All my favorite basics from Sezane.
- My story of falling in love with Paris.
- How to style a blazer casually this season.
- Introducing Paris, Perfected – The Membership.
- My Spring wish list.
Thanks for sharing the Madewell flats. I just ordered pair. They have a promotion going on so they were 40% off! Have a great weekend!
Wahoo! So glad to hear that!
Thank you for sharing the Caudalie picks! I’m excited to try the maskne & reservatrol gift sets; I used your links – hopefully the credit for you worked!! Thanks, Meghan 🙂
Yay! Hope you love them!