It’s good to be back today! I’ve had a lovely, slower start to the new year and taking some days off of new blog posts allowed me some much needed R&R and resetting following the holidays. I’ve had time the last few weeks to stay in pajamas, stay lazily in bed in the morning, watch shows (The Morning Show! The Politician! The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel! The Crown!), see a movie (Little Women – loved it so much!), read (books noted below), start healthy eating again, begin working out again and get organized. Then, the past few days, I hit the ground running with meetings, work and getting back into the groove. As I mentioned here, I am so ready to usher in this new year.
Next week I’ll start regular posts again but wanted to pop back into say hello, that I hope you all had wonderful holidays and are having a great start to 2020! Plus, I missed these weekly roundups 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Finished Daisy Jones & The Six and loved it. Also finished Red, White & Royal Blue and didn’t love it but it sure is entertaining (and the last 50 pages were great).
- Added a page for reader testimonials to the site! I want to thank those of you who took the time to do so at my request.
- Updated my post on my favorite Paris Coffee Shops.
- Started using these meal planning sheets and am kind of hooked now! So much more effective grocery shopping. I’m eating better as a result and spending less money at the store each time now.
- Started PWR. It’s time to kick my butt back into gear after far too much time off. I also did a Flybarre class, yoga at my favorite hot yoga studio and tomorrow I’ll be doing a spin class with a friend.
- Was thrilled to be quoted as the founder of Paris, Perfected in a travel story on Travel + Leisure!
- Been taking this wellness supplement my acupuncturist recommended to me several times a week since late October in efforts to not get sick. Despite everyone around me seeming to be sick, I’ve thankfully remained healthy through the holiday season (a miracle!) and I attribute it to the goodness packed in these pills.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- 25 essays on love.
- 9 cozy slow cooker recipes.
- Some easy ways to practice self care.
- Ina Garten’s Cooking Playlist!? Yes, please.
- 22 amazing travel photographs from 2019.
- Bookmarking all of these restaurants in Paris (a few were already on my list!)
- How to make yourself work when you just don’t want to. So relevant post-holidays, am I right!?
- 50 ways to be healthier and happier this year.
- The New York Times released their 52 places to go this year – I always love reading this list annually!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- So many pretty pieces for the home to shop here.
- H&M has loads of good new arrivals. This cardigan, this sweater, this sweater, this sweater, this cardigan, this cardigan and this sweater.
- High rise, affordable jeans? Yes, please.
- Love the fit of this oversized turtleneck sweater.
- I bought these boots last month and am so happy with the quality.
- Love the look of these adidas running shoes.
- Spotted this J.Crew sweater blazer in store this week and loved it way more in person. I’d size down in it. Also this sweater is beautiful and so cozy in person, too.
- I’ve heard great things about these pumps from friends and love how many colors and patterns they come in.
- So many good sale finds at Club Monaco right now! This coat, this hat, this scarf, this sweater and this sweater dress.
- How cute is the cable knit on this beanie?
- The white jeans I was wearing all Spring, Summer & Fall are finally back in stock! They kept selling out. I have them in a size 28 and wore them here, here, here.
- One of my favorite tops ever now comes in a dress version!
- Have added these sunglasses and these jeans to my cart to buy after January (I’m not shopping this month!)
- This Instagram famous dress is finally restocked!
- Also restocked? My favorite espadrilles! They sold out immediately last Spring so order them while you can! The quality and comfort of them is A+.
- And also restocked are all the Common Projects sneaker lookalikes I recommended at the bottom of this post. Several of you guys told me you bought the Madewell ones and have been really happy with them!
- How cute is this sweater? Reminds me of the one I wore here.
- This oh-so-flattering Reformation dress is finally back! If I was shopping this month I’d be snapping it up in an instant.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My 2019 year end review.
- All the bestsellers from wit & whimsy in 2019.
- So many good cozy favorites of mine.
- Some wardrobe classics to wear now.
- How to cultivate better habits.
- Favorite French spots in NYC.
- How I manage my anxiety.
- My tips for working for yourself.