Having spent several months of 2020 not really shopping, I have, admittedly been doing quite a bit of shopping this season. I always buy more in Fall than any other season but this year I’ve been using new clothes as an incentive to get dressed these days.
As you guys well know by now, I tend to buy more quality, investment pieces than any other type of clothes. I of course sprinkle in some budget buys that come from more fast-fashion spots like Mango and H&M, too but overall I have largely spent the last five years really honing the brands, styles and pieces that I know are well made and will last me for years to come (with lots of wear). The pieces I invest in I wear a lot.
This Fall I’m buying less bags and shoes, less dressy items and less designer items. But instead investing in buying things I love in additional colors and also investing in quality cashmere as priorities.
Fall Budget & Investment Pieces:
My Recent Fall Purchases:
- I bought this beloved pair of Marc Fisher booties since I loved my first pair so much. My first pair was in a really pale toffee color so I got the next pair in a more classic caramel color. Also available here.
- Speaking of Marc Fisher, after loving my black shearling Winter boots so much last year, I bought the suede version when I spotted them on sale. I know I’ll get tons of wear out of both colors.
- As I mentioned in this post, I bought a second color of my favorite cardigan and then a similar style as well. I know I’ll wear these time and time again. I wear size Small.
- After hearing about how good these loafers are for years I finally bit the bullet and I have to say – I am really impressed with the quality! They are buttery soft and super comfortable.
- This sweater was a major splurge for me but after hearing so many good things about this brand, when I saw this sweater I went for it. I absolutely love it. Perfectly oversized and slouchy (great to pair with either jeans or leggings at home) and the most beautiful neutral. Size M. (I rarely invest in sweaters but the times I have – this one and this one come to mind – it’s always been worth it. Loads of wear, quality cashmere that doesn’t require upkeep and worn year after year).
- This coat by Sezane had my name written all over it. It is utterly beautiful in person. So well constructed and as I always find with Sezane coats, a gorgeous fit. I didn’t have anything like it in my closet so was so excited to add it to my coat collection! Size 8.
- When I saw my beloved Agolde Toni jeans were now out in a distressed, super cool dark wash, I had to have them. Sure enough, I absolutely love them. Size 27.
- Since I wear sneakers a ton these days, I bought these Veja sneakers – I absolutely love how the color pairs with all my ivory sweaters!
- I loved my white version of this puff sleeve sweatshirt so much I got it in black. I get compliments wherever I go in these sweatshirts and they are literally the perfect thing to wear on Zoom! Size M.
- I bought this classic cashmere sweater on sale and love it. Size M.
- Speaking of cashmere, I had a credit to spend at Cuyana and ended up buying this sweater (M) and these cashmere socks and fell in love with both. (I wear my The White Company cashmere socks so much in Fall & Winter that it was time for another pair!) FWIW I think cashmere socks are one of the loveliest gifts.
- This Abercrombie pullover fleece is the COZIEST. Like, I can’t stop reaching for it. You can see it on me here. Size M.
- Speaking of fleece, I can’t stop talking about this Amazon fleece find. So soft, so cozy and just so good. Size M. There’s a pullover version, too.
- I am obviously not using my usual big totes these days, so when I spotted this little J.Crew bag in a beautiful warm caramel color, I bought it and have gotten even more use out of it than I thought possible. The quality is great. It also comes in black.
- I wear my J.Crew Sophie sweater blazer so much that I just bought the longer counterpart. I highly recommend sizing down as it runs rather large! And I know I’m going to get so much use out of it styling it with jeans and with leggings. I also bought this similar style in a different fabric.
- I really love Sweaty Betty items and think they are worth the price tag. But I also always watch for their sales like a hawk. I nabbed these fleece joggers (heavenly to wear!!) and this super soft pullover as soon as they had a recent sale. Size S/Short in the joggers and size M in the pullover.
- This J.Crew hat is so good! I’ve already worn it three times in the short time I’ve owned it.
Next up I have a few more investment purchases in mind:
- This Sezane coat in black which I own in a beautiful Sand color. The fit is utterly divine and I wore it so much last year. Having just parted with a similar black coat I’ve had for nearly ten years (it was so well loved), I’m ready for a new timeless black coat.
- The Rag & Bone shoes I own are some of my most comfortable, well made shoes and so when I spotted this pair that has a great low heel perfect for logging lots of miles walking, I instantly added them to my wish list for the remainder of the season. (The pair I have that are similar are on their last legs!)
- My wardrobe could use a very timeless trench coat so I am eyeing this one.
- I really like the Naadam cashmere I have so I am adding this sweater and this sweater to my wish list.
- I absolutely love my APL sneakers and have worn them 10x more than I ever imagined so I am eyeing another pair like these.
What have you bought and loved so far this season? A lot of other pieces I own are on sale right now during the Shopbop sale and this post details what’s in my closet that’s now on sale!
And don’t forget that today is the last day to get markdowns on my Amazon Prime Day picks!