It’s moving day! Wish me luck! And what a week it has been on top of that. In addition to finishing packing and running a lot of errands associated with my move, I was having site technical issues all week. I wasn’t even able to work on the backend for more than a day. When your job and revenue relies on your site being operational, I can’t begin to tell you the stress associated with IT issues. While the weekend ahead will be a busy one I’m also hopeful I can take one very long nap!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a great weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Been having fun trying out the new Instagram Reels feature! I plan to share some quick helpful Paris related content to start!
- Began reading The Heir Affair. I love a Royals-related book and this is the sequel to The Royal We that I read and enjoyed last year.
- A follower recommended the French comedy Call My Agent on Netflix and I am loving it. I laughed out loud quite a few times in the first few episodes and the fact that it is in French demands I put my phone down and pay attention. Whenever I watch French television or movies with subtitles I try my hardest to not read the subtitles and rather listen carefully to see if I can discern what they’re saying based on my knowledge of the language instead. It’s a fun challenge for my brain to take on!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- My friend Jenn launched an amazing initiative to inspire voter registration + action through the lens of fashion.
- A look inside an amazing $20 million Parisian home.
- A photographic timeline of five months of the coronavirus pandemic in NYC. This made me emotional having been here to witness so much of it.
- 8 anti-racist actions you can take at work.
- I loved this read on the importance of an evening routine.
- How to appreciate the final weeks of summer.
- The importance of taking time off this year.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- A Le Creuset factory sale!? Yes, please!! There is so much good cookware and dishware marked down.
- Hello, cute new arrivals at Shopbop! This dress, these shorts, this top and these jeans (which I’ll definitely be getting given my love of Levi’s jeans). And they just marked down some great, go-with-everything neutral sandals including this pair, this pair & this pair that I like.
- And at J.Crew, too! I am eyeing this top, this dress, this dress, these pajamas, this skirt (I have the black version in a size Small and love it!), this darling swimsuit and this dress!
- My sleep has been pretty awful lately so I began using my weighted eye mask again nightly and it’s definitely been helping me. It takes some getting used to but then definitely seems to help me sleep better and for longer periods of time.
- One of my favorite purchases from the beginning of this year was this puff sleeve short sleeve sweater. I wore it in Paris here and it is now fully back in stock! I own it in a Medium.
- LAKE Pajamas is a brand I love (their robe and pjs are heavenly) just released the prettiest blush shade!
- Nordstrom just dropped a bunch of cool new indie brands I’m excited to try it! They’re carrying the LuvScrub exfoliator I’ve been sharing on Instagram! It’s such a cool product and I definitely like it better than a loofah. I also spotted the brow serum from Province Apothecary that I’ve used and liked in the past.
- Everlane just released one of my favorite pairs of jeans – the cheeky – in a great new wash with a raw hem.
- I can’t stop stalking Etsy for fun vintage French glassware and other unique decorative items.
- These Birdies loafers look cute + comfy. Has anyone tried this brand? I’ve heard good things but not yet bought anything from them!
- Love this pretty floral dress.
- If you’re still on the hunt for summer house dresses, this one is a perfect pick.
- For those last few really hot days of summer, this cotton wrap dress is calling your name.
- How cute is this navy printed jumpsuit? Here is a top with a similar toile print.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My Nordstrom sale picks!
- How to be a tourist in your own city.
- A beauty sale you don’t want to miss.
- A peek at my new apartment design concept.
- How I re-imagined my wanderlust list.
- My favorite linen pieces.
- The best pieces on Amazon Fashion right now.
- The best affordable swimsuits.