This week was all about playing catch up. After my move I was behind on work and so many to dos that follow a move. I’m feeling rather run down and totally exhausted. I haven’t worked out in several weeks, have neglected my skincare and meditation routines, have been eating poorly and am behind on most forms of communication…oy! I hope this weekend can be equal parts productive and restorative. I’m hopeful that starting next week I can begin to reset and get back into my routines – my body is craving them! I have a weekend of self care planned as New York’s infection rates remain extremely low so I’m using this window to get my hair done (I haven’t had a haircut since November 6th – eek!), get a massage at one of New York’s best spas and I’ve also booked a manicure / pedicure. I fully expect to feel like a new person after these appointments and I can’t wait to have some R&R during each.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Continued work on unpacking and also began ordering pieces for my new place. I picked out rugs from Annie Selke (I had a rug of hers for the past five years that I absolutely loved!), ordered a new nightstand and bedside lamp recommended by my Havenly designer, ordered a new headboard from The Inside and began identifying some additional furniture pieces I’ll be buying. Due to the pandemic so many things are on production + shipping delays so it’ll be a long while till a lot of my place comes together but I’m working to embrace the process. I also got my windows measured for window treatments and sent a bunch of stuff into Storage. It felt good to free up some space!
- I added a ‘Home’ tab to my site’s Menu under Lifestyle! You can find all home-related posts more easily now there.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This read on our “surge capacity” being depleted that my friend Hitha shared was deeply relatable (and some of what I was discussing here). “Surge capacity is a collection of adaptive systems — mental and physical — that humans draw on for short-term survival in acutely stressful situations, such as natural disasters. But natural disasters occur over a short period, even if recovery is long. Pandemics are different — the disaster itself stretches out indefinitely. – “The pandemic has demonstrated both what we can do with surge capacity and the limits of surge capacity,” says Masten. When it’s depleted, it has to be renewed. But what happens when you struggle to renew it because the emergency phase has now become chronic?”” 2020 really has felt like the longest marathon.
- The new makeup section at Paris’ Le Bon Marche looks stunning!
- In the news we all needed: The beloved and famed Levain cookies are coming to grocery stores!
- Caudalie brought back their virtual skin care consultations! I did one back in early June and I learned so much. Highly recommend it if you have any skin issues you’re looking to solve. There’s no obligation to buy any product.
- This is a powerful read on the effects that social media filters can have on our mental health.
- What it’s like in Paris right now. (And here’s a similar piece I wrote on what it’s like in NYC right now).
- How delicious does this tomato salad with corn basil dressing sound for a summer lunch?
- Allie shared so many good storage hacks for small apartments! I use several of them myself!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- How cute are these hanging baskets?
- Wow wow wow. I hadn’t looked at Mango in a while (they are one of my favorite go-to affordable brands) and their new collection is so, so good. I am loving this puff sleeve blouse (and this one, too!), this chic tee, this cute summery top, this button down (and this one, too!), this lounge set, this sweater, this hoodie and this hoodie, this dress and this tweed blazer on sale. I bought this coat and this jacket.
- The new Everlane sneakers are so cute + casual. And a great price!
- The Athleta Conscious Crop that I love so much has a new Sage color and it is gorgeous! I wear the D-DD in a Medium.
- It’s been a while since I checked out Express and can we please give a round of applause for all their chic + well-priced jackets and blazers right now!? You know I love this one in particular.
- This Rebecca Minkoff sweatshirt is one of my favorite purchases of 2020 (see it on here) and now it is restocked and available in additional colors including this gorgeous navy and this fun, punchy pink. I have it in Medium and I loved the ivory so much I bought it in black, too!
- Nike just marked down a bunch of stuff almost 40% off!
- Ok I absolutely love this sporty chic hooded sweatshirt dress. Too good with sneakers!
- I have been living in t-shirt dresses lately and this one is such a good price.
- These bow mules!! *Adds to cart*.
- These joggers look so stylish.
- Looks like Patagonia but a fraction of the price.
- Color me obsessed! My friend told me about the website Replacements.com and it has so many amazing barware pieces!! I have majorly entered a rabbit hole.
- Recently came across this new to me activewear brand and have my eye on these leggings that let you customize rise and length, this cropped tank, and this really cute sports bra.
- Loving the style and price point of these jeans.
- A friend of mine was recently raving about these comfy shorts for these dog days of summer. A perfect alternative if you’re not a denim gal.
- While I don’t see a need for a swimsuit in my future, I thought the tie detail on this high waisted two piece was darling.
- These cognac sandals are a classic summer style you’ll get use endless use out of.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- These are my Nordstrom Sale picks.
- A comprehensive review of Ilia Beauty clean makeup.
- My best money management tips.
- New things to try right now.
- How I am doing lately.
- The design concept for my new apartment.
- A few beauty products I am loving right now.