Happy Friday from up North! I got out of the city for a Fall getaway the other day and am enjoying the cooler temperatures, gorgeous colors and some time away from my screens. A quick housekeeping note: For those of you who have been unable to get my posts via Bloglovin – I’ve spent the last month trying to reach someone at the company with no success. I’m sorry! The best way to see what’s new is to get my new posts in your inbox or to subscribe via Feedly (which is how I personally keep up with all my favorite blogs and sites!) Really sorry for the inconvenience!
Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Totally updated all the products in my Beginner’s Guide to a Skincare Routine. Absolutely love these products and the post breaks down how and when I use my favorites.
- I’ve been having so much fun on Pinterest lately and recently started new boards around cozy finds, neutral outfits I love, French girl style and more!
- By popular demand, I added a NYC tab to my Travel section on the homepage menu! Now you can go to Travel –> NYC and you’ll get served all my NYC-related posts.
- I totally refreshed and updated the review of my beloved Erborian BB Cream. I added in more detail and answered some questions I often get about it. It is THE BEST.
- Started reading both The Proposal (so cute so far) and Vibrate Higher Daily. (I finally got a bedside lamp so can once again read before bed – so happy!!)
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- One of my dearest friends since I was just 20 years old has just launched her Creative Coaching business: CheckPlus Coaching. I am so proud of her for this new venture and given she is the brains and creative behind nearly all the branding for both of my businesses – I can’t recommend her enough. Angie gets it and she helps you bring your vision to life. If you’re a Creative or want to move your career in that direction, highly recommend that you check out her offerings!
- It’s ok to be hitting pause on your goals right now. (As someone who is highly goal-oriented this was hard for me to accept at the onset of the pandemic. So many of this year’s goals were gone in the blink of an eye. But I also have re-jiggered other goals for what’s realistic in 2020 and that’s felt good, too).
- Wow, wow, wow this Paris apartment!
- The coronavirus widow. I cannot stop thinking about everyone who has lost a loved one amidst the 210,000 deaths in this country. (And am truly outraged every single time the President and his administration tries to downplay our collective losses as a nation and then continue to flout guidance by medical professionals.)
- A good read on overcoming fears related to acupuncture. I had them majorly when I first tried it in high school. But now – I can’t imagine my wellbeing without it.
- In defense of the power nap when it comes to being more productive.
- Why film and TV get Paris so wrong – an interesting read for my fellow francophiles!
- How good does this bolognese sound for a colder night at home?
- A guide to the best fall things to do within 90 minutes of NYC.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- If you’re looking for a cozy and soft turtleneck under $50, look no further. I bought it and love the sleeves especially! And how cute is this peplum sweater!? Also eying this cozy cardigan.
- I was so excited to see that Food 52 is now selling their goods at Nordstrom! I always love what they put out- super smart and handy kitchen solutions and quality home goods.
- One of my favorite cashmere scarves is back and now comes in loads of colors.
- Athleta has SO much good stuff right now. Loving this jacket, this sweatshirt, these joggers and this hoodie.
- Waterproof booties? Genius! Check out this pair and this pair by this well rated brand.
- It’s been a long while since I’ve checked out Revolve but did spot some great things on my most recent visit. These chic pajamas, these leggings, this yoga top, this great jacket, these sneakers (I own them in brown), this blazer, these jeans, this under $100 moto jacket and these Levi’s.
- & Other Stories always makes some of my favorite coats of the season. This year I am eyeing this super timeless one.
- Loft and Ann Taylor have some great new arrivals right now. From LOFT I am eyeing these pajamas-soft lined leggings from Lou & Grey, this throw on and go sweater and this striped tee. From Ann Taylor I absolutely love this coatigan, this oh so cute hoodie sweater, this cashmere turtleneck, this gorgeous coat and this classic cable knit sweater.
- This cashmere wrap sweater is so pretty and would be perfect for the holiday season.
- This boot brand is new to me but looks so nice! Practical and yet not sacrificing style.
- You guys know by now I am obsessed with my pieces from Vuori so it was only natural that I was adding a bunch of pieces from their new arrivals to my cart!
- Gorgeous glassware alert! Spotted these coups and these coups this week – [insert heart eyes here!]
- J. Crew is having a huge sale on coats, sweaters and more using code WARMUP. Loving this blazer I own (seen here), this wool cocoon coat, these cashmere-lined leather gloves, this classic trench coat, this teddy coat (styled a similar style here), this cardigan, and this pullover.
- This camel cape is such a showstopper for fall!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The Shopbop sale ends tonight! Here’s what to buy.
- The best affordable pieces for Fall right now.
- My recent Fall purchases.
- My favorite blazers right now.
- Fall Fashion picks from Amazon.
- My favorite shoes for Fall & Winter.