We’ve made it to one of the last Friday’s of 2020! I’ve been thinking a lot about how we’ll recap this year when so very much happened. Then I watched this video and it of course made me cry. I always do a year in review post on 12/31 here on wit & whimsy and I’ve been keeping notes on my phone since March because I knew there would be too much – too much emotional in particular – to remember come December. As I work to cherish the holiday season, I am also working to honor all we’ve gone through this year. Are you doing the same?
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Shared a favorite holiday family tradition with Talbots for a delightful holiday collaboration.
- Sent cards to families at St. Jude’s. It’s an easy and wonderful thing to do to Spread Kindness & Joy.
- I was honored to be included in this MyDomaine article about bedtime routines. I was in such lovely company!
- Finished my holiday shopping and began wrapping and sending gifts.
- I also concluded this year’s gift guides & all my holiday collaborations! The past few weeks have felt like a marathon of intense work + deadlines and demands but it always feels worth it in the end. I am looking forward to a few slower work days ahead and then a proper break.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Fun facts about NYC’s Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree!
- A nice read on finding hope when things feel gloomy.
- This was such a moving piece on the changing face of NYC with all the shuttered businesses. And heartbreaking to scroll through so, so many closures. Many of which I have memories from.
- I could watch this video of penguins on field trips all day. Too cute!
- How five French women decorate their homes.
- My friend Mary & her husband just launched an online course designed to help you ace job interviews. It was 2 years in the making and they are two of the smartest people I know so highly recommend you check it out if you’re hunting for a job!
- This article really hit me about lost time and lost opportunities. This in particular: ““People forget that travel isn’t just about the fun stuff,” she said. “It’s also about being able to be places where you can support one another and be around the people you love.””
- The New York Times released their annual “The Year in Pictures” roundup and it goes without saying that every image is both powerful and overwhelmingly emotional.
- On a lighter note, I loved this collection of festive cocktail recipes on my friend Carly’s blog this week. (Here are two recipes I shared earlier this week, too!)
- Bookmark this: 50 black-owned businesses to support this holiday season and beyond.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I was so excited to work with Elemis for the first time this year! As part of the collaboration on Instagram I have a code for 25% off including their amazing holiday sets! Use code MEGHANGIFT through 12/31 – some exclusions do apply.
- These are some affordable faux leather leggings.
- These versatile booties look similar to a more expensive pair I personally bought recently.
- Look like Stuart Weitzman, but a fraction of the cost: these boots. (They have over 3,000 positive reviews?!)
- True Botanicals just released a new body scrub and it looks divine! Adding to my wish list for next year.
- I love M.Gemi’s new sleek sneaker – such a wardrobe staple. A more affordable option here.
- I love my white hoodie so much & this is an affordable version of it.
- I absolutely love the wash of these Levi’s jeans.
- I’m such a fan of a striking plaid coat and recently spotted this one and this one that I think are so great.
- I’m loving the vintage vibes of this new cozy Everlane cardigan.
- My beloved sherpa zip up is finally back in stock in my ivory color! I always bought the half zip version because I loved my first one so much. (And next up: a sherpa lined hoodie?! Yes, please!)
- I spotted so many good gift ideas in Nordstrom’s Pop-in shop that’s highlighting lots of small businesses!
- Know someone who loves to play bartender? This book makes for a gorgeous gift (a friend got it for me this year for my birthday!) And for someone more into wine, try this read.
- After being crippled by bad sleep lately, I have officially added this do-it-all bedside lamp to my personal Christmas wish list.
- Need a luxe last minute gift for a gal? Highly recommend my favorite blowdryer you can get in a pinch if you have Amazon Prime! Another luxe idea that can be delivered via Prime are my beloved Bose Noise-Cancelling Headphones.
- Speaking of Prime, you could also gift a membership this holiday season! Such a practical gift.
- This ELEMIS gift set would make a great stocking stuffer.
- I think this charing station makes such a practical gift.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Easy holiday cocktails.
- Plaid holiday outfit inspo.
- Three cozy at home looks I am loving.
- My health and wellness gift guide.
- My best holiday shopping tips.
- Budget friendly holiday outfits.
[Outfit details here]