Happy Friday! I am back in New York City after a fun week over in Scotland. I’ll be reseting and recuperating in Brooklyn this weekend following my travels and plan to catch up on quite a bit of work following taking some time off to spend with family.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent time in Scotland before flying home to NYC yesterday. I’ll be doing an Edinburgh guide for the blog soon but in the meantime you can catch up on some of my trip here.
- I was interviewed by Apartment Therapy to share some of my tips about getting French interior style for your home on a budget.
- I have launched a brand new shop! Meet the French Inspired Capsule Wardrobe shop! And if you’re in the mood for Fall shopping like me – the Seasonal Favorites shop is freshly updated with some Fall and transitional styles.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- These are the best snacks to pack when you travel.
- On aspirations and their impact.
- This raspberry panna cotta from a French hotel I hope to one day stay at looks absolutely heavenly.
- Ok how cool is this – Lingopie is a service that helps you learn a new language while watching TV! I may just have to try this out. I love watching French TV shows and find it so helpful in my never-ending quest to continue brushing up on my French minor.
- 16 Fall road trips in the U.S. to consider.
- Bookmark these Paris rooftops for your next visit.
- Ojai Valley Inn has been on my hotel bucket list for a while and I loved seeing Sam’s recent trip there.
- A denim guide style guide to ride out the rest of the summer.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I am loving the look of the new Cuyana tote.
- Dermstore is running their anniversary sale! You can get so many good beauty brands at up to 25% off right now.
- The new M.M.LaFleur Pre Fall Collection is so good! Favorites spotted include this top, this sweater, this blazer (I have it in a pattern from last Fall and it is so good!), this skirt, this jardigan (I love my similar jardigan style!), this blazer and this top. And! You can use code WIT&WHIMSY20 to score 20% off full price items if it is your first purchase – let me know what you get!
- The new taupe suede color of my favorite bow flat is so pretty for Fall & Winter!
- I adore my electric lighter so much. Makes lighting candles so easy! I got my brother one, too and he’s also obsessed.
- This rattan tray is so cute (And looks more expensive than it is!) and I also spotted this affordable standing mirror that looks like mine but is less expensive.
- I have basically organized every drawer in my house with these at this point. Having a designated space for everything has been a game changer for me! No more rummaging through drawers to find what I am looking for!
- Hello, Pre-Fall at Madewell! Favorites from their new arrivals that I am loving so far include this blazer and this blazer, this tank + cardigan duo and these boots.
- It’s been a long time since I’ve shopped at Anthropologie but they have some good pieces for Fall that I spotted including this coat, this top, this blouse and this blouse, these pants, this blazer and this sweater.
- This bag has Celine vibes but for a lot less. (I own a bag from this brand and the quality is excellent).
The link for the bag that you describe as Celine vibes is broken. Can you fix – I’d love to see what it is!
Sorry about that! It is updated now – thank you for letting me know!
Congrats on your Apartment Therapy feature! Always love your french aesthetic throughout your home.
an indigo day