Happy Friday! I’m in DC this morning – I came down for a very quick 24 hours to meet my newest team member IRL at last! I love DC and it is so good to be back. I was hosted at the beautiful The Dupont Circle Hotel and would absolutely do so again. I love the location and their bar is so good.
Fall is feeling in full swing for me already because of collaborations I have lined up for the season and I am just so pumped for everything coming up in the next few weeks.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup (it is another hefty one!) and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Popped down to DC to meet with my new assistant and also got to meet my internet friend Kelly McCoyd while I was in town! I also shot a fun campaign for one of my favorite brands which will be live next week!
- Did you catch the reveal of my before & after of my French chairs I reclaimed?
- I shared some tips for thrifting abroad with Apartment Therapy!
- I’ve been reading a chapter of this book about how to better manage time and change thinking about being “busy” and every chapter has such a good light bulb moment. Highly recommend it!
- I switched my Hatch Restore routine to begin with a red light for my wind down after seeing a TikTok video saying it helps you fall asleep more quickly and yep, wow. I’m converted.
- I made my favorite summer Basil Zucchini pasta. So good for using those farmer’s market finds!
- I was so thrilled to work with one of my favorite wineries for the first time this week! If you have a minute – I’d love for you to check out the collaboration and give it some love.
- I had an exciting call with the team over at M.M.LaFleur for something I cannot wait to share more of come October!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- TIME magazine names the 50 greatest places in the world.
- Underrated destinations in France.
- The best restaurants in NYC for solo dining.
- You don’t need to look perfect to workout. YES.
- I was honored to be interviewed by and featured on Hip Paris this week. I share what one of my perfect days in Paris may look like.
- My friend Jessica put together a handy guide of how to update your skinny jeans looks for the months ahead.
- How to get better at speaking up in the moment.
- How to layer like a Parisian. This post is so full of great outfit inspo!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Have you been eyeing any of the Jenni Kayne mules? You can get them for 20% off this weekend with code DREAMSHOE20.
- And J.Crew has 30% off with code PASSPORT! I rounded up my favorites here.
- All my international travel essentials.
- I’m excited to share that my Sarah Flint code for $50 off your first shoe purchase has been reactivated! You can now use SARAHFLINTxMEGHAND at checkout when purchasing one of my favorite styles from the brand.
- Bring on Fall! My Seasonal Favorites shop is full of great new finds.
- This is a great utility jacket for under $60.
- And this cropped trench is so cute.
- I rediscovered one of my favorite facial peels by Glytone the other day. In just 10 minutes skin is so much smoother and softer.
- I spotted some great new arrivals from Crate & Barrel including this chic console table, these French inspired wine glasses, this mirror, these old fashioned glasses (you know I love a ribbed glass!) and this cool centerpiece bowl. Lots of my home comes from Crate and Barrel and CB2 – shop it here.
- Paris represent with this hat.
- Just bought this dress in the cream. I have a similar style in black I bought two years ago and love.
- I’m very into sweater sets for this Fall and just bought this one. I went up two sizes to an XL.
- Very into this new shade of my Veja sneakers that I have in black and brown.
- WOW to the new Winter Garden print that Dior released for its Autumn / Winter collection.
- This black dress is so beautiful if you have a special event coming up. As is this one.
- This blazer has Veronica Beard vibes but for less.
- Quince launched jewelry and I am loving these earrings and this ring.
- Adding this fisherman sweater to my cart for Fall. I love the camel color!
- AYR’s new chic sweater top + skirt set is so good. It reminds me of this set I have.
- & Other Stories makes some of my favorite coats and this one looks like one I have from last year! I size down to a S in their coats. Also love this stripe knit they have right now.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- How to Plan a Girls Trip to Paris.
- My Fall 2022 Wish List.
- What to Do in Paris in Autumn.
- Some of My Wardrobe Favorites Under $200.
- What to Wear in Paris in the Fall.
Thanks so much for including my skinny jean post! Also, loving that how to layer like a Parisian guide. I’m attempting a sweater thrown over the shoulder today for the blog because I just LOVE it on everyone else but thought it wasn’t “me”. It’s ME. I’m trying it!
an indigo day
I am trying it too! I haven’t perfected it yet but let’s both try in Paris in October!! Loved your post and was so happy to include it!
I always love your weekly roundup posts but you extra crushed this one! The links on how to update skinny jeans, layering for fall, and the international travel essentials all TOTALLY hit the mark for me. (How did you know I was looking for a foldable tote for all the inevitable purchases I’m going to make on my upcoming Rome trip?)
You’re the best!
Oh yay! I love hearing this feedback. And the Tumi tote will change your life! It is my savior for souvenirs / shopping when traveling!
Curious if you have tried anything from Quince yet? Their prices are so tempting but I wonder about the quality…
I have! I own the linen button down + the linen shorts and was happy with the quality and the fit. I don’t love that they knock off small designers like Hill House with some of their styles though and it seems to be happening more so I have limited my promotion of their pieces as a result and likely won’t seek them out much unless it’s something special.
I should say or it is a good affordable alternative to something I own that is more of an investment price point.