It was a whirlwind week in these parts that has me playing catch up this coming weekend – on work, on sleep and hopefully on some rest as well as I am off again next weekend. I’m also one month out from my next trip overseas and have realized I really need to get to finalizing all my plans! I’m going to carve out some time this weekend to do so and begin thinking through packing, too!
I hope you enjoy this week’s edit and have a wonderful weekend!
The Weekly Edit 4.21
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Went to my first Yankees game in forever! I had forgotten what a fun time it is to be in that stadium on a spring evening.
- Had a wonderful dinner with IHG Hotels which was fun to hear about their various hotels in France and the UK for my travel planning services.
- Enjoyed a great dinner at Bar Bête here in Brooklyn with my friend Jessica who is staying in the neighborhood for the month! Highly recommend this spot for a good meal in Carroll Gardens / Cobble Hill – do not miss getting the cake for dessert!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- NYC’s best 100 restaurants.
- How gun violence has changed us. A heartbreaking but important read.
- NOLA is on my list of cities to get back to so I had fun reading this guide about the southern city.
- Decluttering hacks for people who don’t like decluttering.
- My friend Molly is a talented pastry chef in France and she shared her (delicious sounding!) chocolate souffle recipe.
- I can’t wait to see this Karl Lagerfeld exhibit at The Met next month.
- 20 beautiful places in France to add to your wanderlust list.
- How to do anything. Loved this compilation from Cup of Jo!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Ahhhh 20% off a lot of season-ready pieces at Net a Porter! Favorites included are this pair of jeans I own (seen here – size 27), this dress I wore here (size 8), this blouse, this striped tee, this linen dress, this cute swimsuit, this sleek and simple cardigan that’s perfect for layering over summer dresses, this top, this bag that’s perfect for spring and summer, this denim jacket, this La Ligne sweatshirt and this dress by the brand, this classic Barbour jacket (!), this beautiful tote, these chic sandals, my favorite espadrilles (I own two pair), this weekender and also this dress, this dress and this dress.
- One of my favorite shoe brands is doing 20% off (almost) everything. Freda Salvador makes beautiful, unique statement shoes. In fact, I personally just got this great pair of transitional mules. They are beautiful in person! I sized up half a size.
- My love of a ribbed knit knows no bounds so I obviously am loving this new one I spotted from Alex Mill. I own this similar one that’s a more affordable option.
- The best denim shorts! Fit TTS.
- This is a new-to-me investment brand of so many beautiful, feminine and special looking pieces. Has anyone shopped this label before?
- Last week a reader reached out asking for a recommendation on shapewear for under dresses now that dress season is back upon us. It reminded me about my favorite control top underwear that actually stay up and really do wonders for smoothing everything out. I always travel with these when packing dresses, too! I own a couple of colors and found them to fit TTS.
- Sandal season is upon us!! I am looking for a few styles to add to my rotation and spotted a few I liked on Zappos including this pair, this pair, this pair and this pair.
- Yessss to this Veronica Beard striped sweater – so good and new sale!
- Grace Atwood’s Addison Bay collection is so fun and colorful if you’re looking for some new fitness wear or loungewear. I particularly love the green-striped workout set!
- The Sephora Sale is ON but it ends this weekend! You can shop my picks + see what I bought for myself HERE.
- Just added these beautiful Margaux sandals to my wish list. Just need to decide what color I want to get! Also loving this new style Jenni Kayne just released.
- I just ordered a bunch of pieces from Monday Swimwear to test out the brand and hopefully add some new swimwear to my summer rotation. I’ll report back if its good!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Sephora Sale Picks + What I’m Buying.
- London in Spring Packing List.
- Crochet Pieces for Spring and Summer.
- Where I’m Shopping From This Spring.
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas.
[Outfit above linked here]
This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase something from an affiliate link, I may earn commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work!
I have not stopped thinking about that leek situation!!
Those Lena Hoschek pieces are absolutely stunning. Wish I had places to justify wearing those gorgeous clothes to go to!