It was a big week over here. I flew home from a fun trip with my BFF and finally shot my home tour!! I had several fun plans with friends during the evenings, finally sweat out my last few trips at hot yoga and this morning one of my best friends arrived for a fun weekend in NYC! This is one of my last weekends at home for the year if you can believe it. So you better believe I’ll be soaking it up.
Given the sadness and heaviness of the world of late, this week I really relied on friend time to fill my cup. I spent two nights closing down the restaurants with friends as we discussed the fragility of life right now, what’s most important and the delicacy of dealing with needing to carry on with work and obligations and responsibilities while also wanting to stay tuned into the reality of world events. The jobs I do can feel so frivolous and unimportant at times and I really struggle with showing up to my audiences and clients when times are tough. But I also recognize the privilege I have to have a community who sees my work and online presence as an escape and a way to feel joy and I don’t take that lightly. I always fear being misinterpreted or misunderstood but I also know in the end that I have to show up for myself and this community despite what external things are unfolding. I remain committed to tuning in to world events and also tuning out when I need to for my own mental health. Because having anxiety also means knowing when to set boundaries and it remains an uphill battle for me – especially when things feel hard and heated.
I hope you enjoy this week’s edit and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent 48 hours in Vegas with my bestie to see Adele perform. It was a therapeutic trip for so many reasons.
- I at last shot my apartment home tour! I am so excited to see the photos and then get to work writing the post to share it with you guys next month. Newsletter subscribers will get a sneak peek and exclusive photos not shared elsewhere so if you’re interested in that, be sure to be on my email list.
- Ate at two of my favorite restaurants from my NYC Guide – Inga’s Bar and Charlie Bird.
- Caught up with the tourism board from France to learn more about what’s going on in major regions of the country for next year!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Tips for the best time to buy airline tickets.
- Highlights from Paris’s most recent fashion week.
- Dream vacations that are more affordable.
- Resy’s guide to classic New York spots.
- These pumpkin spice ginger cookies with brown butter icing sound amazing.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Everlane just launched their beloved alpaca crew in new colors and a chic stripe I am loving. I wear a M in this knit.
- How dreamy and cozy is this Varley fleece pullover?
- I’ve made a few recent purchases for my wardrobe of late including these beautiful silk pants from Sezane (the 8 are a bit loose on me but am keeping them!), yet another color of my favorite sweater jacket (I size up to a L) – this time in black, these gorgeous shoes that I debuted in Las Vegas last week and also these silk pants (size L) and these silk trousers. I can’t wait to pair these with all my favorite knits in the coming months. Such a comfy way to be dressed up!
- How chic is this Madewell coat with the subtle plaid print? I size down in their coats.
- I have an Amazon The Drop knit sweater dress I love and so when I spotted this one I added it to my cart pronto. I bought it in a L as I didn’t want it to figure-hugging. Related: How To Style Sweater Dresses.
- I love this striped turtleneck I spotted at Nordstrom.
- So many good gems to be found at Abercrombie right now. I have to sift through the things that feel too young / Gen Z personally but it is almost always worth it. Like this coat, this fleece jacket, this sweater, this blazer coat, these trousers (I have them in chocolate brown and just bought the charcoal gray) and this little cropped jacket that became a w&w bestseller after posting it to Instagram Stories last week.
- La Ligne just released new colors of one of my favorite striped sweaters! I sized up to a L in this style.
- & Other Stories is so good of late. Rounded up some of my favorite pieces HERE. And don’t miss shopping my favorite winter coat now in more colors. I size down to a S – it runs rather oversized!
- I have been *loving* Alice + Olivia of late. Ever since I bought these pants + this silk top for this collaboration, the brand has been back on my radar. Right now they have so many good pieces! Case in point: this stunner of a special occasion dress, this chic blazer romper, this leather crop top (!) and this dress.
- Lake Pajamas just launched sweaters! I had the chance to see them in person last week and they are so nice. Plushy and great quality. La Ligne vibes in style but for less.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- The Best Shoes to Wear in Paris.
- What to Buy at the Credo Beauty Sale.
- The Best Shoes to Own for Fall & Winter.
- My Favorite Cashmere Sweaters.
- French Style Fall Outfits.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you purchase something from an affiliate link, I may earn commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support of my work!