This week was packed to the brim as I took on a lot of meetings, shoots, work and to-dos before I head out of town next Wednesday! I largely felt like I was on a treadmill going too fast of a MPH but I also find weeks like that somewhat empowering when you look at how much you can accomplish when free time is extremely limited! I have a packed day today with an early shoot, coffee with a friend and a business lunch and after that I may very well collapse onto my couch!
I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend & enjoy this week’s roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Toasted my friend Blair’s forthcoming capsule collection with Nordstrom! You guys, it is SO GOOD. I’ve known Blair for nearly nine years (we met while both living in SF) and I couldn’t be happier for her for this major, major accomplishment. I can’t wait to shop it on 10/22! I got a sneak peek of some of the pieces and they’re really amazing.
- Had a lovely lunch with the Sarah Flint team and some of my favorite fellow bloggers at Laduree. I love her shoes (seen here, here) and it was so nice to meet Sarah in person!
- Started planning my packing for Paris next week! I booked it only last month so now it feels as though it totally snuck up on me! Excited is an understatement.
- Updated The Shop! There are new picks in Fall Favorites, Under $100 and Meghan’s Favorites!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Oh wow. How amazing does this place look?
- Exciting news for my fellow Francophile NYC-based readers! ba&sh Paris has teamed up with Coucou to offer French classes in their new Nolita store starting on 10/18! They are taking care of part of the cost and given my great experience with Coucou earlier this year I just had to share this! What a delightful way to add some extracurricular fun to your week this Fall!
- How would your life change if you said “Yes” every time you wanted to say “No”?
- I was so disappointed to see the direction Celine has been taken by their new creative director. I loved the timelessness of that brand and everything shown at Paris Fashion Week the other day was just so edgy and overly trendy. In related news, the Dior SS19 collection was STUNNING!
- Tips for decorating your apartment.
- These are the best stopover airline programs.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This reversible plaid scarf is so great.
- So much yes to this bomber sweater jacket.
- And this bomber jacket, too! So chic.
- Saks is doing their Friends & Family Sale! Get 25% off your purchase (!!)
- These would be the perfect little pop of leopard.
- I love this belted utility jacket.
- This is a great line of affordable basics like tees and leggings.
- Such a pretty suede jacket.
- These bow pumps are so cute and the perfect heel height to ensure you’ll be comfortable in them for long periods of time!
- How cute is this striped top?
- Love the color of this BB Dakota coat.
- My Gap blazer from this post has been fully restocked! I have it in a Regular Size 4 and it also comes in Tall + Petite!
- Oh man does Uniqlo have so many good new arrivals! My favorites: A casual puffer jacket perfect for weekends, a chic wrap coat, a classic camel coat, a perfectly slouchy sweater, a cozy fleece coatigan, an oversized cardigan for lazy days, a lambswool sweater you’ll wear constantly and this practical but very stylish hooded coat.
- This is a great plaid shirt to wear alone or layer under sweaters.
- The color of this cardigan is so perfect for Fall.
- This sweater looks like ALC but is in fact H&M!
- Speaking of H&M, one of my favorite inexpensive sweaters from them from last year is back! I wore it here and it definitely looks more expensive than $25! Also I just got this one this week and love it. Both are the perfect weight for winter nights out.
- Such a cute striped top & only $30! Love this one, too.
- J.Crew & Madewell are both doing sales through Monday! J.Crew has 40% off…may I recommend these new favorite jeans (I wear them in a 27 so recommend sizing down), a new cozy coat, a cute striped sweater, this chic bag or my favorite sweater blazer? (Size down in the sweater blazer – wearing a Small here). Madewell has 30% off and I spotted this cute suede skirt, this sweater cardigan, these versatile booties, this sophisticated wrap coat, these suede booties and this cute sweater.
- I just got this Paravel duffle for next week’s trip to Europe! I like to bring a duffle of my more valuable items and also leave room in it so I can bring back whatever treasures I may pick up. It’s hugely helpful.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My latest Q&A (and the cutest sweatshirt!)
- Fall & Winter wedding attire.
- My new comfy and perfect for travel boots.
- A peek inside my work from home days.
- My Fall wish list.
- My favorite posts about NYC.
- Everything I’ve loved in the last month.
I listened to Shonda Rhimes narrate the audiobook version of A Year of Yes, and I cannot recommend it highly enough! It changed her life, and in many ways changed mine as well. It’s fascinating to think about the ways we might hold ourselves back by not taking the leap and saying yes to the things that scare us, even successful people like Shonda Rhimes! As always, thanks for your thoughtful posts Meghan! (Oh, and Anthropologie has an extra 40% off sale items right now!)
Ooo I want to read / listen to this book!! Thank you so much, Marcia! You always have the best comments <3