I am in the thick of prepping all my Cyber Week content for this coming week and hope you guys are ready! I’ll be sharing the best of the sales, gift ideas on promotion, things I own on sale + much more. And as I am not traveling for Thanksgiving I’ll be using work to distract me from our world’s reality so I hope you’ll benefit from the fruits of my labor :).
This week’s roundup is a hefty one – I hope you’ll enjoy! And have a wonderful weekend. xx
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- The Holiday Shop is all updated! These are all ideas that you won’t find in my gift guide posts so definitely worth perusing. I’m particularly loving the Stay Home Cozy Shop, the Seasonal Decor & Trimmings finds and the Holiday Outfit ideas, too!
- Took a Tarte Tatin class with my favorite Paris cooking school La Cuisine Paris! They are doing virtual classes live from Paris which is so much fun (and they also have downloadable classes!) I included these in my Francophile gift guide as I just think this is such a fun and affordable gift.
- I have been using this Stress Relief Aromatherapy roller from True Botanicals religiously since I got it earlier this year. Every night before bed it goes on my inner wrist. It calms me down almost instantly as I slowly inhale it. The smell is truly amazing. I ordered another one the moment I finished the first which is very telling of how much I love this stuff.
- I made this delicious cocktail and this quarantine favorite pasta recipe. (More favorite comfort food recipes here).
- Visited The Met to see the new About Time fashion exhibit. It’s small but full of beautiful pieces.
- Started watching The Undoing on HBO Max – is anyone else watching? With just one episode I was HOOKED!
- Popped by the new piece of Paris in NYC! Angelina and its famous hot chocolate have arrived in NYC and it was the loveliest little treat to pretend I had been transported to Paris for even the briefest of moments.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- This was a great read about the age of influencers in a politically charged climate. This year I have been more vocal than ever before about my beliefs and sharing resources and opinions about the state of our world. I have been rallied around in an amazing way but I also have been called names, had nasty messages sent to me and lost a lot of followers. But I made a commitment to continue to use my platform for good and I believe the well being of all people in this country should be equal so I will continue to be sharing my beliefs. I was personally deeply disappointed to see people who never spoke up or spoke out for fear of backlash. Too much is at stake for those withh influence to be silent. Period.
- Alone for the holidays? Read this. (And if you’ve been crying about this a lot lately – I’m there with you.)
- This meat sauce sounds divine. (Related: My favorite comfort food recipes.)
- I found this essay in The New Yorker so relatable. Those moments of normalcy are so fleeting nowadays and yet so memorable at the same time.
- I just found out The Frick (a favorite museum of mine in NYC) has been doing “Cocktails with a Curator“: a Frick curator (remotely) offers insights on a work of art with a complementary cocktail. How fun is that!? The old “episodes” are available on YouTube. I love this!
- I can’t wait to visit this new Paris shop when I’m finally able to return!
- How to worry more mindfully. Needed this!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I am loving the new colors J.Crew released of their beloved chateau parka! Also they brought back the Nordic Boot! Such a good shoe to look chic yet be practical in the Winter.
- The Shopbop new arrivals are GOOD! Spotted this coat that already sold out twice this year, this puff sleeved sweater in the perfect neutral, this classic coat, this sweater that has cute sleeve detail, this cardigan which looks perfect for a cozy holiday look, these masks (I have several by this brand and really like them!), this cozy hooded jacket that I added to my own personal wish list, these booties, this cute festive hair tie, this ribbed cardigan, this sporty chic pullover and this fun dress.
- The Abercrombie new arrivals are really good. I spotted this cool sherpa shirt jacket, this puffer, these pajamas pants, and I added this sweater + these joggers matching set to my cart! And my favorite fleece is finally restocked! Trust me when I say this is the plushest, coziest fleece pullover ever.
- I am SO excited about some new items the brand Material was kind enough to send me. The goods are good! And a lot would make great gifts. I got the Three Tool Set (you can mix & match – genius!), the Knife Trio Set (which you can add a knife sharpener to and as I’ve never sharpened my knives before but definitely have some that need to – I feel exceptionally adult being excited to sharpen all my knives- ha!) and quite possibly the cutest cutting board ever: the (re)board mini which is perfect for apartment cooking endeavors and I love that it uses zero virgin plastic (in fact it is made from excess plastic discarded by the industry’s kitchenware production process- amazing!)
- I happened to stop into Banana Republic this weekend and came across a few great pieces like this cozy cardigan, this matching set (pants here), and this pretty silk skirt that would be so perfect for the holidays.
- You know I love croissant stationery – how cute are these gold foiled croissant cards!?
- One of my favorite beanies for this time of year is now on Amazon. It’s such good quality and honestly makes me happy to wear! See it on me here.
- Really into this plaid coat and love that you can remove the sherpa collar if you’d like.
- A friend of mine has spoken really highly of this brand’s affordable cashmere and since they started their Black Friday sale early, I wanted to share a few great deals like this oversized scarf (under $60!), this class crew neck sweater (almost 2,000 good reviews & under $40!), this really cute cardigan, these cashmere joggers and this zip hoodie are such good deals.
- My True & Co bras were the MVPs of quarantine! This bra & this bra in particular and now they are 20% off! Supportive and yet no underwire. True game changers for me this year! Use code BIGDEAL20.
- The Detox Market just launched an amazing clean beauty bundle! SO many good brands and a great value.
- I just discovered Wayfair has a huge Christmas decor shop! There are so many cute things to make your home feel extra festive this season. There is also a Hanukkah shop for my Jewish readers!
- Williams Sonoma has so many good gift ideas to make your home cozy and festive (and full of delicious things) right now!
- Anthropologie has so many great mugs right now! I am partial to this Paris Christmas one of course 🙂 Love the NY version too!
- Google is bringing you New York’s iconic holiday window displays right to your own home this season! Love this.
- My friend Jenn designed such an amazing holiday collection with Sail to Sable! Definitely pieces that’ll put a pep in your step during a time we all need one!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Unique and experiential gifts!
- My new favorite coat.
- The best holiday candles.
- How to stay calm this holiday season.
- How I’m celebrating little comforts right now.
- A Stay Home Holiday Bucket List to enjoy this season.
- Gifts for your favorite Francophile.