It was a good week. I am so hopeful we are moving towards a better time in our history. This week I was also deeply moved as you guys shared your words for 2021 alongside mine. Your sentiments in the comments really moved me. Blog comments remain my favorite way to interact with you all and so for everyone who shared – thank you so much for showing up with me.
This week I worked on compiling all the favorite recipes, TV shows, movies & books you guys shared with me last month and I curated it into an exclusive PDF that’ll go out to my newsletters subscribers on 2/6- if you’re not yet on the list you can sign up here. The recs set me up for the whole year with things to enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Watched the Inauguration with tears in my eyes. I am so happy our nation is beginning a new chapter.
- Updated the Beauty Shop! This is your best resource to find my favorite *anything* as it relates to beauty. Cleansers, concealers, makeup brushes, creams, cosmetics, etc, etc, etc.!
- I also updated the Cozy & Casual Shop! Lots of comfy pieces to wear at home.
- I binge watched LUPIN on Netflix and absolutely loved it! The opening episode in the Louvre at night is just amazing in particular. I can’t wait for the next installment of episodes to come out! I also finished Ted Lasso on Apple TV and it was just so charming and endearing. Highly recommend both of these shows if you need something new to watch!
- I completely refreshed and updated My Favorite Places to Shop Online post and I also updated My Favorite Fleeces post.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Amanda Gorman’s poem at the inauguration was incredible. If you didn’t get a chance to listen, I encourage you to do so here.
- I just learned you can group your Chrome tabs and color my mind blown. It is so helpful for me given I always have like 30 tabs open in my browser – ha!
- I spent an hour reading this beautiful piece by Ann Patchett that my BFF shared. It is lovely.
- America’s need for a return to moral leadership – a good read as we move forward as a nation.
- It doesn’t snow often in Paris but it is one of the most beautiful scenes when it happens as it did this week. Experience it virtually here and here.
- My friend Carly rounded up some great healthy recipes to try this year.
- I loved Jess Kirby’s roundup of sustainable activewear. I’m excited to try some of the brands I’ve not yet tried.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- If you’ve not yet tried CBD because you don’t want to do ingestible, my favorite CBD brand just released a Body Box with all their topical essentials! I’ve tried all 3 products included and can tell you that they are really good indeed!
- My friend Lindsay just launched the most beautiful Paris-inspired candles. I cannot wait to get mine!
- Hello J.Crew new arrivals! I’m ordering this fisherman sweater to wear with these joggers and am also loving these waffle pajamas, these jeans, this cashmere hoodie and their iconic trench coat that they finally brought back!
- Lululemon just introduced a new 25″ length of my beloved Align leggings. Ordering them pronto!
- Sharing again that my beloved Agolde Toni jeans are FINALLY back in stock! They went up in price but are 100% worth it. Don’t delay if you’ve been thinking about them as I see them selling out (or going up in price) again. I wear size 27. They are the perfect cropped jean and I wear them all.the.time. This led me to update my Favorite Jeans post, too!
- I’ve been doing some shopping for casual pieces on Shopbop of late. In my cart are these jeans (a friend has them and they look so good on), these jeans (I size down in Madewell denim. Love the wash of these), this workout top and these leggings. Also going to get this cute bag for Spring. Their new arrivals are really good if you haven’t browsed them lately!
- This jacket is begging to be worn in Paris. Also love this one by the same brand. And both are on sale!
- A cold brew mason jar? Brilliant!
- Ok file this under cool things: Amazon is now doing made-to-measure t-shirts so you get the perfect fit. I am excited to test this out! Have any of you done it?!
- Ok how cute is the ruffle detail on this sweatshirt?
- Just added this sporty pullover to my cart.
- I am always getting asked about the dainty diamond necklace I never take off and have been wearing for 6+ years so I was excited when I found a nearly identical + well priced version!
- I’m eyeing this affordable sports bra to test out.
- I love the vintage vibes of this gorgeous cardigan.
- This top is perfect for Zoom calls come this Spring.
- I love H&M’s Premium Quality pieces and right now a bunch of them are on sale!
- I can scarcely believe how stupid expensive this candle is but I am so in love with the toile canister! Isn’t it just French country perfection!?
- The new Studio McGee arrivals at Target are so good if you’re in need of a bit of a home refresh!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite beauty tips + tricks.
- My 2021 goals and priorities.
- A bunch of things I own on sale right now.
- How to build a cozy winter capsule wardrobe.
- My 2021 reading list.
- Some affordable new finds from Amazon Fashion.
- The best books I read last year.
- These were the most popular items on wit & whimsy last year.