This week I had a realization that I am finally feeling better and more like myself. Truth be told after the holidays it was a long winter and it was riddled with feeling down and anxious and lonely. I’ve made some dietary changes lately – stepping up my intake of nutrients and cutting down on alcohol and my sleep has been better, my anxiety lowered and overall I feel much happier. When I tell you it feels good – that’s an understatement.
The beautiful Spring we’re having in NYC also has been such a gift and a definite mood boost. As I plan to be gone most of May, I’ve been soaking it up more than ever.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Shot my apartment!! It took three hours to shoot (and eight months of planning!) and I cannot wait to share it all with you. There’s been so much work but it now all feels worth it.
- I got my first facial in 15 months! I went to SHEN in my neighborhood and it was heavenly. I also took the opportunity to get my brows done after seven months and it felt great.
- I was so thrilled to work with LOFT for the first time this past week (this dress is so good!) & work with Barbour for the third time! (Isn’t the jacket gorgeous!?) I so appreciate your support of my brand collaborations. They make all my free content possible.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- What’s been involved in restoring Big Ben – so interesting!
- The moment they realized the pandemic had changed their life. Powerful and so much sadness in this. I think often how I’ll remember this time of our lives for as long as I live.
- 13 spring recipes to add to your rotation.
- Misconceptions about clean beauty.
- France hopes to reopen to visitors this summer.
- I loved this interview with French actress Liliane Rovère from one of my favorite shows in the past year – Call My Agent.
- My friend Rebecca re-launched her site Everyday Parisian and it looks just beautiful!
- Top 10 tips for buying vintage décor.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My Necessaire code is back for this weekend! I’m so glad you guys love this brand as much as I do. Use code MEGHAND10 for 10% off your purchase. They make my favorite body wash (the Eucalyptus scent is truly dreamy!) as is the Body Exfoliator which is the loveliest scrub (and a great primer for self tanner!) Also don’t miss their Body Routine Sets that recently launched and feature a full-size Body Lotion, Body Wash, Body Serum, and Hand Cream (the hand cream and body lotion are also favorites of mine!)
- H&M has some great new arrivals including this linen maxi dress that is so perfect for the dog days of summer, these trendy but affordable sandals, this adorable top and this t-shirt dress that is under $20.
- I am eyeing this cute Dudley Stephens sweatshirt – looks perfect for summer nights!
- I am in love with the new Westman Atelier lip balm. It’s so unique, so plush and just makes your lips look amazing. I got shade Chou Chou but already know I’ll get more colors.
- I am loving the look of Cuyana’s travel case for jewelry. So often jewelry cases are big and I frankly just don’t travel with much jewelry. This one is much more my style.
- Alert! I found the cutest striped beach towel ever. And it’s only $6!
- This affordable home line gives me all the relaxed coastal vibes.
- Denim shorts season is back! These are bestsellers every year.
- I am very excited for Equilibria CBD’s newest fast-acting product!
- I thought Nordstrom did such a good job with their Mother’s Day gift guide curation.
- Speaking of Nordstrom, I saw they just launched a new private label brand called Open Edit. I love that it offers XS-3X sizing!
- I also am loving Nordstrom’s Package Free pop up – every day essentials without the waste!
- In honor of Earth Month (and every month!), shop these sustainable products. (So many of my favorites here!)
- Spring cleaning and organization right this way.
- This darling Madewell dress will get so much wear in the coming months.
- Bloomingdale’s private label line that I love, Aqua, has so many cute new arrivals! I am loving this top, this darling swimsuit, this “picnic” dress, this dress (bought it!), this dress, this top that would be so cute with shorts, this dress, this sports bra, this dress, this dress (the striped version, too!), this dress and this top.
- How cute is this gingham one piece swimsuit? Also love this gingham two piece (top and bottoms). Both styles have great reviews!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My current favorites at J.Crew right now.
- A few thoughtful Mother’s Day gift ideas.
- My recent favorite Amazon purchases.
- My Spring bucket list.
- All my favorite everyday jewelry.
- The best workout clothes.
Thank you so much for including my new site design in your roundup! Have a lovely weekend and enjoy that Spring weather.
So welcome, mon amie!
I usually feel a little blah in March/early April and this year it was extra intense–most likely due to the difficult year. Glad you’re feeling better and hope you have a lovely remainder of spring and a fabulous summer!
This is so sweet, Pamela! Thanks for making me feel less alone – sending you wishes for a wonderful summer too!