This week I was fighting low energy levels thanks in large part due to the insane heat we were having in the Northeast and because of some back to back nights of restless sleep. *But* I’m excited to be escaping the city’s heat as I arrived yesterday to the country for the holiday weekend to stay at my friend’s new Upstate house! The best part? I left my computer behind so am determined to unplug, unwind and not work all weekend – woohoo!
I’ll be back next Tuesday with a new post but in the meantime I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful 4th of July weekend if you’re in the U.S!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Learned how to make delicious Madeleines with my friend Molly & the Paris, Perfected Members.
- Shot a lot of videos! You can see those I’ve published so far here and here. Every week I am attempting to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone by getting more familiar with video filming and editing. I appreciate your support of this content so much!
- I donated to my friends at L’Appartement4f’s Kickstarter! This couple are the most wonderful and their baked goods are INSANE. I can’t wait to have them in my neighborhood permanently! If you can help them reach their goal, I’d love if you’d join me in backing their fundraising goal.
- Started listening to my friend Becca’s newest romantic comedy fictional podcast – Showmance. I’m really enjoying it so far!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Also in podcast news: my friend Jess launched one called We’ve Got Issues and I love that they are tackling often misunderstood and complicated topics.
- Why making only two social plans a weekend is the key to a good summer. I feel this!
- 30 strawberry recipes for the summer.
- Why we love Nancy Meyers’ films.
- The death of the “girlboss”.
- I can’t wait to visit the newly reopened La Samaratine next time I am in Paris.
- How New York City comes back to life.
- Over 30 delicious sounding recipes for summer grilling season.
- Join me and a bunch of other francophiles for weekly doses of French culture.
THE BEST HOLIDAY SALES:
- Elemis is doing 25% off! This is one of the highest discounts the brand offers on their luxury skincare and body products.
- My favorite CBD brand is doing 20% off! If you’ve never bought anything you can score 35% off with my code witwhimsy which will give you an extra 15% off. You can read about my routine and how CBD helps with my anxiety in a variety of posts I’ve written on the topic.
- J.Crew has marked down loads of items you can wear now and they’re an extra 50% off! Don’t miss the opportunity to snag one of my most used bags on sale!
- I love my knives and cutting boards from Material Kitchen and this week they are running a 20% off sale! I’ve never seen them do a sale before so it’s worth jumping on.
- J.Crew Factory is doing 40% off sitewide! I spotted some super cute dresses in the new arrivals like this one that looks just like the one I wore here.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Does anyone have these popular flip flops? I am eyeing them for easy summer outfits.
- Speaking of easy summer sandals, this pair adds a nice pop to a neutral outfit. I have them in black and they are so comfy!
- I was given these earrings as a birthday gift and I couldn’t be more in love – they are so my style and I’m so happy to have them in my jewelry collection.
- If you’re looking for cute workout shorts, I recommend Vuori’s shorts. I was living in my pairs this week (I have the Dash and the Halo and they are both great.)
- Similarly, Lululemon has a lot of cute shorts right now like this pair, this pair, this pair & this pair. I’m also eyeing this sweatshirt (loving the color options!) and this tee.
- Cuyana makes so many of my favorite travel necessities – treat yourself to a refresh for summer & fall trips with their beautiful travel essentials.
- I am loving the look of these denim shorts. (People rave about this brand’s denim shorts)!
- A comfy, cozy striped tee in summer shades.
- I found a lot of cute things at Express right now! This dress, this dress, this top, these shorts, this jumpsuit & this top (that back!!) All could work really well if you have any bachelorette parties you’re attending this summer.
- Well this is fun! Sezane just launched their first collection of sunglasses.