This week was a busy one. I got some exciting news that I’ll be sharing soon and I had a bunch of virtual meetings that kept me busy and had me collapsing into bed at the end of each night. The world also just feels so heavy and exhausting right now, too. My hurt is hurting with everything happening and my mental health feels weighed down by the continued fear and uncertainty plaguing so much of life.
I’m looking forward to what I anticipate will be my last chill weekend of the summer – I want to finish my book, nap, go on a walk and just relax.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I (rather painstakingly) updated my Beauty Favorites in my Amazon Shop! My favorites available on Amazon now all in one place.
- Also updated my Promo Codes page if you want to bookmark it for some great discounts.
- Continued work on Fall content! So much in the pipeline I can’t wait to share. And, as a reminder – I’ve decided to develop a downloadable PDF for wit & whimsy email subscribers that will outline what I think are worthwhile Fall Statement pieces for your closet. If you want to get it when it is live, you’ll have to be on the list! It will not be published as a standalone blog post. I’m excited to continue work on it and share it with you guys soon!
- I got a facial via Classpass at Chillhouse! I haven’t been ready yet to go back into studios and sweat with strangers at the moment so I’m loving using my Classpass membership to get manicures and facials!
- I went to try a new burger spot in Nolita called Bronson’s Burgers and it was delicious!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Where to find Wellness in Paris. Related: My Paris Beauty & Wellness Guide.
- Places in France that inspired famous paintings.
- This wedding story made me cry.
- The case for scheduling everything. This really resonated with me.
- If you have airline miles you won’t use, you can donate them to those in Afghanistan in need.
- How good does this Iced Brown Sugar Latte sound!?
- How to style a mantel. You know I love a mantel!
- Related: ways to add a touch of Parisian style to your home.
- Ok how good do the new girl scout cookies sound!?
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Sezane just dropped the first of their Fall Collection and it is so good! I am getting this sweater, this sweater and this top and a lot of my favorite essentials from the brand are now available in new colors!
- I am loving Truffle’s new travel set duo for all your toiletries!
- Wowza I didn’t realize how good BB Dakota had gotten lately! They have so much good stuff right now. I am loving this coat for Fall, this cute dress you could wear now with sneakers or sandals and then with booties in the Fall, this chic jumpsuit, this cardigan (that looks a lot like one I own!) and this chic blazer that has Veronica Beard vibes for a lot less.
- One of my favorite dresses of the summer is finally back in stock. I have the M. Looks and feels more expensive than it is.
- & Other Stories has such cute stripes right now! I am eyeing this sweater, this sweater & this classic Breton tee.
- My favorite Fall candle is back! It smells like your favorite neighborhood bakery. Just divine! And always sells out so grab it while you can.
- Need a dress for work? After wearing the heck out of this one, I bought its sister dress that has a cute wrap/tie detail on the front. It’s super flattering on! (Size M in both). Next I am eyeing this one.
- I am loving the newest arrivals for Fall at Nordstrom. Favorites I spotted include this cable knit sweater, this cardigan and this one, too (love the cuff and pocket detail), this turtleneck, these jeans, this sweater and this one, too (you know I love ribbed fabrics!), these APLs, this top, this hoodie and this tee which I own from a few years ago. I wore it in Provence!
- I found a standing mirror similar to mine for a lot less!
- The Tuckernuck new arrivals are so good! My favorites I spotted include this darling under $100 dress, these jeans, this dress, this striped tee, this cute versatile top (perfect for date night I think! as is this top), these croissant inspired hoops I bought, this dress, these darling flats, this dress and these cute leggings.
- Vuori just launched new two-toned leggings and they are so chic!
- My favorite Agolde crop ankle jeans I wear all.the.time is now available in a new lighter wash! They also brought back the black/gray wash I wear a lot in Fall & Winter! I wear a size 27.
- These heels look like a designer pair I’ve wanted for several years – added them to my cart!
- This new Saint Laurent Bag – heart eyes! It’s so beautiful.