Well, I was supposed to be waking up in Paris this morning but after Tuesday’s new warnings to avoid travel to France, I spent much of this week cancelling all my travel plans. I’m gutted. I was meant to spend the first few days there with my brother, sister in law and niece. I was so excited to be able to spend time with my niece on her first trip to Paris. But yet again, the pandemic had other plans. Champagne problems – but I’m still really disappointed as this was a work trip where I had so much lined up to test for Paris, Perfected. Alas, here’s hoping in 2022 we can return to more frequent and less stressful overseas travel.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful, festive weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had my heart warmed reading through the submissions for this year’s #SpreadKindnessSpreadJoy movement so far. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far!
- Went to The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center – it was so good as usual! A favorite Christmas tradition for sure.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The best new bars in NYC.
- How to prepare an epic charcuterie board for hosting.
- Where to travel to in 2022.
- Gift wrapping tips from the pros.
- How to take advantage of the holiday season in NYC.
- 24 days of Christmas cookies.
- The work from home crisis. As someone who works from home I felt this read (and the burnout depicted within) deeply.
- The best movies of 2021.
- Kitchen storage hacks. (yes, please!)
- My friend Molly just re-launched her online pastry school! Her recipes are divine so if you’re looking to up your baking game, look no further.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Sephora is doing 20% off your order through this weekend! You can use code GIFTEASY at checkout for one time. Shop my Sephora Sale Picks.
- I styled a look for Ann Taylor over on Instagram this week (shop it here). Their new arrivals are so good! A few other favorites? This sweater (that sleeve detail!), these festive pants and this festive top, this classic coat, this sweater, these pants & this gorgeous wrap cardigan.
- Pact’s new waffle loungewear looks so, so comfy.
- Ok and how dreamy is this J.Crew cableknit set!?
- My Sezane Leo coat has been the MVP of all of our recent 40-ish degree weather. I love how it has such a cool yet chic factor with no effort. See it on here. I also recently go this Sezane hoodie and love it!
- This Tumi tote was one of my best purchases this year. It folds down into a little pouch making it the perfect bag for travel to carry any excess souvenirs or checked baggage spillover. Was glad to see it finally back in stock! Would also make a really nice gift for the frequent traveler.
- Emerson Fry makes my beloved Teddy Coat and right now they have so many other good styles I spotted including this stunner, this chic and casual sherpa coat and this practical coat for those of us who experience Winter (it’s reversible!!). I want them all!
- I have rediscovered my love for my Lou & Grey sweatpants. So soft and plush and perfect for WFH on colder days. I size down to a size Small.
- My latest Everlane sweater is a good one.
- Spotted: Airpod Pros for $60 off and $70 off at Amazon!
- Final updates have been made to The Holiday Shop! Hope you found all these additional picks helpful this year.
- My favorite Christmas jammies are back at Target! And while you’re shopping them, don’t forget my other pair of favorite jammies from Target.
- I didn’t get a tree this year because I hadn’t planned to be here much this month so I’ve been diffusing this oil instead in my Vitruvi diffuser and it’s made my whole apartment smell like Christmas trees which I absolutely love.
- If you need a good last minute I highly recommend UrbanStems florals – You can use my code MEGHAN20 for 20% off or $10 off a subscription which happens to one of my favorite gifts to give.
- I love my Weighted Blanket – truly such a nice way to end the work day – and think it would make a wonderful gift.
- Crate & Barrel has so many good holiday barware pieces right now. I’ve been enjoying my Old Fashioneds in my candy cane rocks glass of late.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Recent Amazon Favorites.
- All the 2021 wit & whimsy Gift Guides.
- Kosas Cosmetics Review.
- Easy Holiday Cocktails.
- The Most Instagram-Worthy Holiday Spots in NYC.
- My Updated London Guide.
- Styling a Velvet Blazer Two Ways.
- Budget Friendly Holiday Outfits.
[Outfit details above available here]