As per usual before a big trip to Paris, I have been insane of late. I have so much work to do to prepare for these trips and I’ve had a bunch of exciting things happening in the background, too – many of which will be revealed soon. This week I excelled in being distracted and taking on too much. I’m at that I may wash my hair with face wash kinda point- can anyone else related?! Needless to say I need a reset in the coming days for sure. Wish me luck 😉 I’m going to do it while listening to the new Taylor Swift album of course (happy drop day to all who celebrate!!)
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Got a lot of Fall fixes! I did two quick days in The Berkshires with Carly and then did apple picking in Upstate New York as well. BTW – I rented the car for The Berkshires through a new to me company my sister in law had recommended called Kyte. They drop the car off to you and pick it up so you don’t have the hassle of dealing with lines at the car rental agency, etc. We had a really good experience with it and they have a referral code so thought I’d share mine in case any of you wanted to try the service. The code meghand2 will get you $50 off your first rental!
- I have officially switched the blankets on my bed as cooler weather takes hold. This time of year through Winter is the only time my bed isn’t entirely Brooklinen as I swap out my Brooklinen Linen Quilt for this heavier Coverlet that I just adore. The quality is so good and the weight *just right*.
- I continued ticking through my Fall bucket list and made my annual, traditional favorite apple crisp.
- Began prepping for Paris! I’m going to be sharing what I’m doing this forthcoming trip in a newsletter so if you’d like to know what I’m up to – sign up HERE to get on the list.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The “I’m sick of cooking” guide to cooking.
- A new take on the Negroni that’s trending everywhere right now – meet the Negroni Sbagliato. Sounds delicious!
- Luxury vacations that won’t break the bank.
- Cozy drinks to try this season.
- On the importance of little rituals.
- The best wine hotels in France.
- Creamy pasta recipes. Yes, please!
- Why you need a bedtime.
- A fun recent read about my neighborhood in the New York Times.
- Recent protests in Paris following inflation – good to know if you’re heading there soon.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Net a Porter is one of my go-tos for some of the more special pieces in my closet and they are doing a very limited time sale. 15% off $300+, 20% off $600+ and 25% off $900+ Exclusions do apply. Discount automatically applied at checkout. Some of the brands I usually buy from there include La Ligne, Veronica Beard, Ganni, Allude, Staud Nike, Veja, Agolde, Reformation, Alex Mill, Celine Eyewear and Manolo Blahnik.
- I love the new toffee color of the Truffle cases I always travel with,
- I love the neutral colors of these chic Nikes.
- I saw these Gucci riding boots in their store in Milan and man, they are drool-worthy.
- Ok I am in love with these decorative candles.
- This coat was my MVP up in the Berkshires for Fall. I love that it is reversible and frankly I think it looks more expensive in person than it does on line! I got it in a M.
- I also wore this sweater which is a much more affordable option to the Jenni Kayne Cotton Fisherman. Runs a bit small though – I have it in a L. The rest of what I packed can be found in my packing list.
- There’s lots to love at & Other Stories right now – this sweater and this sweater, this blazer and this blazer, these boots, this sweater dress and this little dress that’s perfect for the forthcoming holiday season.
- This leather jacket looks a lot like the one I am always wearing in Paris.
- Manolo vibes for under $200.
- Banana Republic is killing the coat game right now – especially with this one and this one.
- And if you’re looking for a chic trench – might I suggest this plaid one from Ann Taylor?
- If you haven’t looked at Gap recently – might I suggest you do? They’re kind of killing it right now. I’m loving these sweater pants and this matching sweater (would be so chic/cool when paired with sneakers and a great overcoat), this sweater and I bought these jeans in the unexpected khaki color and these jeans inspired by watching Claire Rose’s outfits of late.
- Um I’ve never liked the wool Allbirds before…until now. The new Hazy Beige color is so chic!
- I just got these J.Crew faux leather pants in the Bone color and they are so, so chic. I got them in a size 6.