You guys know I am a Fall girl through and through. The season just makes me so happy! So, it shouldn’t be a surprise, that I am already shooting Fall outfits to give you guys inspiration as the new season approaches. I’ve also already been purchasing things to round out my Fall wardrobe so I thought I’d give you a peek at what I’ve bought so far this season along with some styles and recommendations of what to buy for Pre-Fall.
Early Fall Styles to Shop Now + What I’ve Bought for the Season So Far
Early Fall Styles and Picks:
- Sezane makes some of my favorite Fall styles that you’ll wear again and again. The Gaspard sweater is so beautiful and I love that it can be worn frontwards or backwards. It now comes in so many great colors. I own black but also just bought the camel (sized down to Small). Their Tomboy (I own size 8) and Florence button down shirts are also great closet staples and I own and love the quality of this striped tee. This new sweater by the brand also looks so chic and versatile. And I am so glad they brought back this coat (I own it in a plaid) in classic black and classic camel. I think the camel color is particularly striking and gorgeous.
- I’ve basically only used a small bag for the majority of 2020 as I run errands. I like that this style is classic and *could* be designer if you didn’t know better.
- And hello other GREAT new arrivals from J.Crew! They are clearly bringing it this season and a lot of these pieces are 40% off starting today. I love this top (it looks really similar to this one I own!), this super versatile cashmere mockneck sweater, this sporty take on cashmere, these classic loafers, the new colors of my beloved sweater blazer!!, the wash on these jeans I love, and they brought back a really similar style of denim to these I own and love (FYI I always size down in J.Crew denim) and you know this blazer and this striped cardigan have my name all over them!
- I can’t recommend these ribbed joggers enough. They are stylish for being out at the park with your little ones or running errands but also great for home wear. I got the M but could also probably have worn the Small. I was so excited to see they expanded the colors for this season!
- This top is timeless in style and perfect for Zoom calls.
- A striped tee in nearly every color of the rainbow! In.love. My inner French girl is delighted by this find.
- A neutral sneaker like this one is a must for this Fall.
- Mango makes the best long cardigans. This is their latest and I love it. I always size down in this style of theirs.
- A knit dress is a favorite style of mine – this one looks equal parts stylish and comfy.
- If you don’t yet have a classic trench coat you love, I recommend this one that comes in 3 timeless colors and won’t break the bank.
- As I am rather sure that 2020 will continue to be the year of the sweatshirt, this one and this one were two of my most worn pieces of the year that are great for Fall walks and outdoor adventures.
- Ok how cute are these Margaux bow mules? I think I actually swooned when I first saw them!
- & Other Stories is one of my favorite places to shop – particularly in Fall. I have coats & sweater & blazers I love from them so I’m eyeing several pieces from their newest collection. This cardigan, this blazer, this coat, this sweater and this sweater and then this coat for the temperatures drop.
My New Fall Purchases:
- This Mango jacket I’m wearing in these photos – I’m already seeing this style everywhere. I love that it is a neutral counterpart to my favorite utility jacket and that it already goes with so much that I own. It has a great oversized fit making it perfect over sweaters. I sized down to a Small and it is still perfectly roomy. And I know I’ll get so much wear out of this casual cotton jacket for both Fall and then again in Spring.
- I wear my J.Crew Sophie sweater blazer so much that I just bought the longer counterpart. I highly recommend sizing down as it runs rather large! And I know I’m going to get so much use out of it styling it with jeans and with leggings. I also bought this similar style in a different fabric.
- I really like my H&M knits so I bought this one and this one for this Fall. Size Small in both.
- I am hopefully going Upstate at the end of this month and bought this cozy oversized plaid shirt/jacket as it looked perfect for outdoor Fall adventures. It’s a bit out of my usual style but I really love it and know I’ll also end up wearing it whenever I next visit my family in Colorado.
- I am so in love with the Target pajamas I discovered earlier this year that I just bought the long sleeve / pants version for the forthcoming cooler months. Size M in both.
- I really love my Marc Fisher Alva booties in the light taupe colors so I got them in a new, rich cognac color.
- I am all about wearing timeless investment styles and I am leaning into that even more this season. As such, I bought a new color of my favorite Sezane sweater (in Camel; size S), a new color of my favorite Sezane button down (in blue; size 8) and their essential t-shirt as I wear my favorite tees under sweaters and blazers all Fall long.
- I decided to try Old Navy denim and ordered this pair & this pair. For the first year in what seems like forever, I’m not looking to expand my designer denim collection at this time. (I do believe in buying investment denim if you don’t already have it though as the styles I love and wear all the time typically are because the quality is good. I inevitably find myself selling or donating inexpensive denim after a season or two. Because they stretch out or don’t hold up to my constant wear. Tomorrow I’ll be sharing four of my very favorite, timeless denim styles to invest in. So keep an eye out for that if you’re looking for some help when it comes to buying investment denim.)
- I love the look of layering a hoodie under a blazer so I ordered this one that I know will also be great for lounging. It’s thin enough that it’ll layer well! If you want a roomier fit I recommend ordering a size up.
- These high rise cropped khakis look super flattering and have a lot of great reviews. Excited to wear them!
- I love a monochromatic Fall look so I bought these knit trousers to pair with all my cream/ivory sweaters and cardigans.
- Because I know I’ll be back in Paris someday, I added this beige beret to my collection of colors.
- A cardigan with a hood? Yes, please! So excited about this purchase. I bought the Small and Medium but kept the Small as it is quite oversized.
Have you bought anything for Fall yet?
. . .
Similar Cashmere Sweater (M) // Mango Jacket (S) // Levi’s Jeans (28) // Gucci Mules (similar style for less here) // Everlane Bag (sold out but similar here – also like this one!) // Ray Ban sunglasses