This week felt really good in my personal life. Like a far cry from when I wrote this post. I was super productive, had some fun (virtual) things on my calendar and my new apartment felt a bit more like home with every passing day. It’s hard to believe this is our last weekend in August isn’t it? And yet our current reality in this country is still so hard. The Jacob Blake shooting was horrific and my heart hurts for these continued racist incidents. So much work still needs to be done and I hope real change can come soon.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup (it’s a hefty one!) and have a nice weekend.
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I (painstakingly!) updated this popular post from last year about French Girl Inspired Staples for Fall! All the links are fresh and ready for you to shop + streamline your wardrobe for the upcoming season.
- I signed on for several very exciting brand partnerships! Two are with brands I’ve worked with in the past (return clients are truly the best!) and one is with a French brand I’ve never worked with and am *so* thrilled to be working with for the first time! I can’t wait to share more with you guys soon.
- Attended a very fun virtual event to celebrate the release of Katherine McGee’s new book coming out next month, Majesty, hosted by my friend Grace. You guys know I absolutely loved American Royals when I read it in France last year and so I am already loving the sequel. (Fun fact: American Royals was also one of my top selling items of 2019!)
- Attended another virtual event with ELEMIS to hear about their two new launches: The Pro-Collagen Energizing Marine Cleanser and the Pro-Collagen Tri-Acid Peel. I tried both immediately following hearing the brand speak about them and my first impression was really good! I’m looking forward to continuing to test them. I have and love the Pro-Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Eye Mask from the same line and have been loving using it most of quarantine. The brand also sent their cult-status Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm and I can’t wait to try it. A few fellow bloggers are obsessed. I really love this brand.
- And lastly also attended a virtual press preview to see what’s new from MM.LaFleur. I love this female-founded brand that makes beautiful and timeless staples for your wardrobe. Their new Fall collection comes out next week and it is so good!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- An actually useful guide to not being on your phone all the time. I need to do these things more!!
- I am pinning this chocolate cookie recipe for a future Fall weekend baking endeavor.
- Five minute coronavirus stress resets? Yes, please. (Being armed with breathing techniques thanks to my meditation practice has truly been a lifesaver these past four months. I can’t recommend learning a few to have on hand enough!)
- How to spend a summer Saturday in NYC. I loved these ideas! (See also: how to be a tourist in your own city!)
- A reader shared her fun + charming apartment that was featured on Apartment Therapy! Given you guys are having fun seeing my home content I thought you’d enjoy her space, too!
- This is a timely read about why voting as women helps to honor those who came and fought before us. Not sure if you are registered to vote? You can easily check here. I personally requested my absentee ballot this week to ensure I can vote early!
- Truly enjoyed this profile on Aurora James and learning more about how she started her 15 Percent Pledge and accessories brand, Brother Vellies. The original art created of her on the cover is stunning!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Equilibria, the CBD brand I take daily to help me with my anxiety (read more about it here and here) is running a sale for the next week where everything on the site is 15% off PLUS if you use my code witwhimsy at checkout you’ll score an extra 15% off and, unlike other sales, this is for both new and existing customers! So you can score 30% off your order this week. I highly recommend the Mint Daily Drops, the Daily Softgels and the Relief Cream and you can score extra savings on those three if you buy the Balance Box as a subscription (which you can cancel anytime). This brand has helped me immensely during the stress-filled and anxiety ridden time that has been 2020.
- And NIGHT which makes the best mask I’ve tried so far – they have 20% off their silk masks with filters through tomorrow! I bought another one as I don’t see this accessory going away anytime soon. Use code MASKON.
- I’m adding these affordable joggers to my collection after hearing so many good things.
- A zip up teddy bear fleece hoodie? Sold! Just bought this and know I’ll wear it so much. I like the pullover style in black, too.
- Sezane just restocked a bunch of their “essentials”. So many great classic pieces to invest in that you’ll wear so much.
- I bought this pj top + shorts earlier this year in navy + white stripes and they are one of my favorite 2020 purchases. I am loving the new color ways Target just released!
- I recently discovered the brand Alex Mill and it’s got major cool-girl Madewell meets Everlane vibes. Have any of you shopped it before? I am eyeing this jacket in particular.
- One of my favorite oversized oh-so-cozy sweaters that has sold out the last two Falls pretty quickly is back in stock! In runs majorly big (as in, I wear an XS!). I am eyeing the green for this Fall – isn’t it gorgeous!? You can see it on here.
- Hello, cute new Old Navy arrivals! Favorites I spotted include these comfy pants, this floral dress, this jacket, these jeans (and this pair, too!), this thermal tee I want to wear with all my joggers this Fall & Winter, this classic striped tee, this WFH comfy jumpsuit (that could eventually be dressed up!) and this cozy hoodie and this hoodie, too that you could wear for working out or lounging at home. I ordered a few things so keep an eye out on Instagram where I’ll share what I like!
- The Gap new arrivals are good, too! I’d wear these pants with a denim jacket, this utility jacket is great, these joggers are great for Fall, this puffer in white is so chic, their new beret comes in a bunch of colors (I bought the taupe to add to my collection!), this blazer is so my style and their collection of face masks are so cute. BTW, their cheeky jean is one of my favorite styles that I own.
- Speaking of cozy hoodies, this one may be part of my Fall/Winter WFH wardrobe.
- These affordable mules have Chanel vibes.
- I absolutely love this utility jacket from Banana Republic. You could style it with joggers + sneakers for a comfy, chic look this Fall.
- You know I love a coatigan! I just bought this one (I hate how it is styled on the model btw – I’ll be wearing with jeans + booties or mules. I ordered it in a Size Small based on my experience with this similar item.
- These very chic booties look like my Rag & Bone ones but are a fraction of the price.
- Amazon has Airpods on sale!
- Putting these leggings in my cart because they have over 6,000 reviews!!!
- This white midi dress is so my style, love the sweetheart neckline and puff sleeve detail.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My experience with intermittent fasting.
- A colorful, comfy jumpsuit.
- The best affordable picks from the Nordstrom sale.
- My full picks from the Nordstrom sale (ends Monday!)
- A deep dive on my favorite clean makeup brand.
- My best money management tips.
- How to be a tourist in your own city.