This week I felt so invigorated. As trite as it sounds the near arrival of Fall is bringing me more joy than usual as I look to find ways to still enjoy it despite the ongoing pandemic. And all the Fall content! Man oh man did I have fun working on so many fun posts, projects and collaborations I’ll be revealing very soon. I feel like I am *finally* coming out of the burnout I was feeling so deeply the past two months. And it felt really great to see all the comments and get all the DMs this week about how much you guys are already loving the Fall content I started posting this week! Thank you for the warm reception – it made me so happy.
I’m finally taking some time off next week so I’ll be on a limited posting schedule – you can keep an eye out for a fun Home related post Wednesday and then of course the Weekly Roundup but otherwise I’ll be a bit quieter around these parts and on Instagram (and turning off my DMs but always feel free to email me!) I am so looking forward to some much needed R&R.
My Monthly Highlights newsletter goes out tomorrow – if you’re not yet on the list you can sign up here! It always includes a little status update on the month and then I spotlight a few of the month’s favorite posts + share the top 3 most-sold items for that month.
This week’s roundup is a length one – as they always are for holiday weekends! I added in a section specific to items I own that are now on sale, too. Hope you guys have a wonderful long weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- A reader shared a fundraiser she’s working on that I recently donated to and would love if any of you are willing to join me in doing so! It’s raising money to help Black Owned Restaurants and feed those in need.
- Tested out the new Ilia Beauty Balmy Gloss. It’s part lip oil, part lip gloss. The texture is super smooth and it feels hydrating with a nice sheer wash of color. The brand was kind enough to send them to me at launch and I have only managed to find the shade PETALS in my post-move mess but it was the perfect pinky-peach for my skin tone. If you’re not familiar with this clean makeup brand you can find my whole review here.
- Finished Majesty. I read it in five nights and absolutely loved it! If you liked American Royals you’ll definitely enjoy this book.
- I also finished the French TV series Call My Agent that I had mentioned a few weeks back. I absolutely loved this show. I found myself laughing out loud every single episode. It was also such a fun way to help me practice my French (there are English subtitles however when needed). They are releasing a fourth and final season and I can’t wait to see how it ends!
- Updated my Home Shop to include the pieces I’ve been buying for my new spot. So many good finds!
- I also totally updated the Seasonal Favorites and the Cozy & Casual portions of The Shop!
- I finalized my window treatments with Everhem! I am so excited to be working with this female-founded small business that launched in 2019 to take the headache out of styling your windows to make them both beautiful and functional. I am really so excited to see how what we chose will bring life to my new space.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I’ve been posting about waiting for Emily in Paris for over a year now and the trailer and live date is finally here!! The countdown is ON.
- The power of low stakes productivity. I feel this deeply. It’s why I literally put every single task – big or small – on daily to do lists in 2020. It helps me feel a sense of accomplishment.
- I am adding this soon to be published book on Paris to my Christmas list!
- This was an interesting read on having a “growth mindset” and how it can be helpful particularly in our current climate. I personally grew into this sort of mindset when I became self employed. It was a large part of learning to lean into intuition even while having the fear of failure.
- The new Tiffany & Co. NYC flagship renovation looks like it’ll be beautiful! And I’m glad to see the restaurant is a part of it after my experience last summer.
- I loved this piece on “enveloping ourselves in small comforts” – it is so much of what 2020 has been about, isn’t it? The little things. The however big or small things bringing us joy. We’ve had to really, truly search for the silver linings this year. And I think “small comforts” is just the loveliest way to encapsulate how we’ve all been finding bits of happiness amidst all the heartache and chaos this year.
- 12 celebrated movies filmed in Paris. I still need to see some of these!
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- These new Madewell mules are SO good. I love how designer they look yet with an affordable price tag.
- You guys know how much I love Otherland candles so you can imagine how excited I was that they brought back my very favorite scent: Cardamom Milk! It smells like the warm scents of a Danish Bakery and it is heavenly. I can’t recommend it enough!
- I ordered these masks and love them. It’s nice to have some more fashion-forward mask options given it is our new norm. I will most likely buy this set next.
- I really like the British brand Boden (Boden Mini is also one of my favorite places to buy baby gifts!) and they now have loungewear! The joggers, hoodies and leggings all look really cute + of course, so comfy.
- Talbots brought back a very similar version to the chic jacket I wore here.
- How cute are these BaubleBar earrings? I love the texture on them!
- J.Crew Factory has some cute new arrivals! This practical hooded raincoat, this puffer vest to top Fall look, these sleek sneakers, these pajamas and these cute hair ties.
- My obsession with glassware continues – how pretty are these perfectly pale pink wine glasses and these champagne coups!?
- I just updated my Common Projects sneaker review post with a batch of new photos to show how I style them and also new less pricy options if you’re in the market for a new sneaker.
- Last week I mentioned I got a sneak peek of the MM.LaFleur Fall preview and the initial drop is live now! I can’t wait to get this hooded jardigan in Black (I shared the original jardigan style I own in this post this week) – I love the fabric so much! I am also very excited about this blazer and this sweater. MM.LaFleur has unsurpassed quality and the pieces fit in such flattering ways.
- Ooo la la this new CB2 collection! So many cool pieces.
THINGS I OWN THAT ARE NOW ON SALE:
- This beautiful maxi dress I wore here. Size 6.
- This eyelet top I wore here is now 60% off. Size 8.
- This jumpsuit and this jumpsuit (worn here). Size 6 in both.
- This easy linen dress I wore here. Size Small.
- My favorite sweater blazer that I just ordered in another color (the Heathered Brown!) Styling inspo right this way. Size Small.
- The white linen dress I wore here. Size Small.
- This breezy dress I wore many summer days this year. Size Medium.
- This colorful jumpsuit I wore here. Size 6.
- My favorite pair of Gap jeans seen here. Size 27.
- The white blazer I wore here. Size 4.
- The cute eyelet sleeve sweater I wore here. Size Medium.
- The beautiful gingham jumpsuit I wore here. Size 6.
- All of Mango is 30% off! That includes this cardigan and this cardigan I bought recently and love (both Size Small). And the jacket I just wore in this post this week.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- What I’ve bought for Fall so far.
- My favorite affordable clean beauty products.
- Clothes in my closet I can’t wait to wear this Fall.
- My new apartment design concept.
- My new French Girl Closet Staples series!
- How to be a tourist in your own city.