Phew! This week wore me out. It was so BUSY with work. I have a lot of fun posts coming up and I’ve been shooting LOTS of photos lately for each of them. I also have a variety of collaborations I’m working on which are such fun but they also require so much work behind the scenes. I am going Upstate for a little quick weekend getaway this weekend and so looking forward to some downtime, good food and hopefully some Fall colors. Mostly this week though I felt GOOD. And man, that feels good to say. It’s been a while since I’ve felt so in the groove, so normal. I practiced gratitude for it all week.
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup and have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Spent Monday upstate at a favorite farm of mine for some collaborations I was shooting. It was so nice to get out of the city with friends on a beautiful Fall day.
- I made this oh-so-easy Mexican quinoa. It was perfect for the crisper weather moving in.
- Finally started working out again!! I’m tackling BBG 2.0 this time to jumpstart my workouts.
- I updated my favorite cashmere post and my West Village guide!
- Made some apartment progress at long last! I ordered some bins to hide away things that don’t yet have a home (I’m missing furniture at the moment) and I also got my bathroom storage cabinet built and my new rug laid down! Saying I am elated would be an understatement. For those of you in the city, I hired “Handy Andy” at the recommendation of a friend and he was great!
- I started doing at home microneedling and I think I’m obsessed!? (I bought the Glo Pro during the Nordstrom sale!) It feels so strange and satisfying and my skin already feels smoother and more plump. I can’t wait to see my results following 30 and 60 days! Also started a new pack of Crest Whitestrips – I love how fast the results are! I worked on this brand for nearly three years at a past job and they really are such a good product. Been using them for nearly 10 years!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- I was so sad to learn of the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsberg. What a force. What an icon. This was a great tribute to her.
- How the pandemic has affected group chats.
- For the mommas out there: how to foster gratitude in kids.
- I love this handy grocery store list template that Girls’ Night In put together.
- I have been devastated by the Wildfires out West – particularly because I used to live out West for 8 years. If you are able, I’d love for you to join me in donating to the Red Cross to help their relief efforts.
- What an amazing story about a Soho loft!
- Will you be holding onto any particular habits you’ve established during the pandemic?
- Are these the best frozen croissants? (I’m a big fan of the Trader Joe’s ones and my family and I also love the Williams Sonoma ones – we eat them every Christmas morning!)
- I know Amanda Kloots’ sister and therefore follower Nick Codero’s fight with COVID-19 throughout this year. This story on Amanda’s story and new chapter as a widow brought me to tears. I never forget how the 200,000 Americans who have died all had stories and all had loved ones left behind. Truly heartbreaking.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- After this post, I bought this sweater & this fleece zip up and was SO happy with both. The zip up in particular is just so soft and cozy I know I am going to wear it so much. I took a size M in both. There’s also a pullover version that looks great and may be in my cart very soon! Also by the same brand, this puffer! So chic and perfect for 2020’s casual outings.
- This sweater has nearly 1,000 god reviews and looks like a great, never-goes-out-of-style silhouette.
- J.Crew has 50% off outerwear today!! What a good deal. I am loving their new quilted barn jacket and I’m buying this coat. And my Daphne coat from last year is back!
- If you’re a Madewell Insider (free to join!), you can score 40% off a bunch of their Fall collection! There are great sweaters, boots + jackets to be had!
- Bootie season is back baby!
- Need a long sleeve striped tee for layering? Look no further.
- UGG has an expanded clothing line and oh man, I want so many cozy things for the upcoming months!
- Very excited about these pajamas I just ordered. They’re the same brand as the other pajamas I’ve been so happy with!
- Love that Nordstrom did a cozy edit with the best loungewear, slippers, candles, etc.!
- Verishop’s Home section right now is so, so good. I spotted these darling pink drinking glasses, these gorgeous coasters, these beautiful mugs, these photogenic bowls, these champagne coups and also my champagne saucers are back in stock! On my personal list? This bath caddy!
- My very favorite brow gel for voluminous, fluffy brows without much effort is finally back in stock in all shades! I use shade Blonde.
- H&M’s New Arrivals has some really cute sweaters recently like this cardigan, this turtleneck, and this wrap style.
- Also from H&M, this perfect teddy coat.
- I’ve never seen a puff sleeve I didn’t love and this $18 top is no exception.
- Love this ruffled button down, especially to layer under crew neck sweaters and cardigans.
- I love the Dudley Stephens brand and this week they released a DS Gives Blanket with 100% of retail sales from every blanket purchased going towards a goal of raising $100,000 for the kids fighting at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Such an amazing cause and a great gift to give yourself or a loved one in your life. Their fleece is the softest so you know this blanket is going to be the coziest!
- Apparently this is the #1 mask in Japan and keeps selling out now that it has landed stateside. May need to add it to my collection!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- A look behind the scenes of wit & whimsy.
- My stay home fall bucket list.
- How to Frenchify your Fall.
- My favorite cardigans out now.
- My favorite Fall purchases so far.
- The latest installment of French Girl Closet Staples.
- Things I’ve bought and loved recently.