Aside from the train wreck that was the Presidential debate that left me reeling at our reality, this was a pretty good week. We had a lot of rain which made for cozy weather and had me craving cozy clothes, candles and comfort food. I’m looking forward to getting in some Fall vibes this weekend before a big shoot on Sunday afternoon. My monthly newsletter goes out tomorrow! If you’d like to get it you can sign up here. It includes a little upfront letter (this month’s is about how I’ve been resetting), the top selling products of the past month and four favorites posts from the past month. Hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Had the best time Upstate for the weekend. It was the perfect Fall escape and Mazda was kind enough to loan me a Mazda3 Hatchback Premium for the trip. This city girl had so much fun driving it! I was so impressed with the sporty yet luxe feel. It would be the perfect city car to get around and zip out of town when you wanted to.
- Revealed a dream partnership. At the beginning of this year I wrote down the brands I most hoped to be able to partner with and this French brand was right at the top! I would absolutely love if you could like + comment on the post to give it some love!
- Watched Father of the Bride Part 3 (ish) and absolutely loved it. Also donated to World Central Kitchen!
- Made some major progress on my apartment furniture at long last! I’m so excited to be working with Room + Board as when I discovered that many of their pieces can be A) customized and B) come in multiple sizes, this apartment-living girl was over the moon! As a result the pieces are being custom made and so won’t arrive for a bit but it’ll be worth the wait I’m sure.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- How New Yorkers found resolve during six months of the pandemic. I love my city <3
- I loved my friend Krystal’s post on romanticizing your life. I employ several of her recommendations in my day to day life and the post is full of reminders I think we could use right about now.
- So excited for the second season of RomComPods by my friend Becca! The Trailer just dropped and the season will be out starting mid-month!
- How to truly reset & relax.
- I recently discovered Grand Baby Cakes and oh-my-gosh. Her recipes sound so mouthwatering and I can’t wait to try some of them!
- I’ll be binge watching this new show all weekend!
- Podcasts worth listening to – including a few spooky picks for October
- I loved the gorgeous Fall feels in this post of Stacie’s.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- This time of year I always check out what Uniqlo has going on and I spotted a lot of great pieces for this season and Winter. Favorites of mine from the new arrivals include this sweater, this chic jacket that looks so my style + this coat, too, this cashmere scarf + cashmere beanie (so many great color options!), these leggings, these cozy sounding slippers, this casual and affordable puffer and this great sounding blanket that’s designed to keep you extra warm.
- Have you tried Equilibria CBD yet? If you’re feeling stressed, anxious or unbalanced, it can be so worth it. My favorite products are their Daily Drops (I take one every day to help lessen my anxiety), the Mint Daily Drops for as-needed and the Relief Cream which has been a lifesaver for my jaw pain lately. Use code witwhimsy for 15% off your first order!
- Alert! My all-time favorite Toni jeans are 25% off! I wear a size 27.
- Hello, finally some great new arrivals from Banana Republic! Favorites spotted include these fleece commuter joggers (brilliant!), these sweater pants + matching hoodie (also brilliant!), this turtleneck sweater, this puff sleeve sweater, this sweater dress, this puff sleeve short sleeve sweater, this classic sweater, this classic cable knit sweater and this one, too that looks very similar to the one I wore so much last year!
- And hello new arrivals from Tuckernuck! I spotted this cute sweater, this cozy wrap, these sunglasses, this chic top and this cool bomber jacket.
- From J.Crew Factory, their new arrivals include a colorful sherpa pullover, a practical boot, this blazer, this striped tee, a plaid button down, this buffalo plaid sweater jacket, this puffer jacket and this cardigan that looks a lot like one I own!
- I am eyeing this brand for some new cozy clothes this Fall.
- I am adding these Bala exercise bands to my personal Christmas list – I keep hearing how great they are!
- The Seasonal Favorites and Meghan’s Closet shops are newly updated!
- My favorite food blogger just launched a darling curated collection for the holidays on Etsy! So many fun finds.
- The famous Amazon coat is back and has a lot of new color options!
- Sweater pants? Yes, please.
- This oversized turtleneck looks the coziest (and so does this one!) and I like the look of this staple cardigan, too.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My favorite fleeces.
- My new French-inspired customizable stationery.
- My favorite workout clothes.
- My Fall bucket list.
- The versatile French sweater I love.
- What to do in Paris in Autumn.
- Early Fall Amazon fashion finds.