This week I felt oh, so drained. I think it’ll be a theme of October if I’m being honest. I’m doing my best to balance my work and enjoying this season I love alongside the news and our world’s realities but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I laid in bed Wednesday morning with a pillow over my head for an hour after when I usually bound out of bed. Phew.
Anyhow, this week’s roundup I hope will provide you with some joy and escape and I also hope you have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I revised the Search functionality on my site following feedback in this year’s reader survey! You can now find it on the main menu under the wit & whimsy logo on the far right! Hope you guys like this solution!
- Bought this razor I’ve been hearing so much about! I can’t wait for it to come once they get more inventory. I’ve been trying every month to buy from a different Black-owned business.
- Did two shoots at The Ludlow Hotel in NYC. I am SO excited to have so many photos to utilize for upcoming posts – especially beauty ones you guys have been requesting!
- Finally filmed and shared my hair curling tutorial! I’ve been asked to do this for years so I’m thrilled to have it available now.
- Binged Emily in Paris on Netflix and had a lot of thoughts on it!
- Started wearing the FitBit I ordered. I’m excited to finally know how many steps I am logging and monitor other wellness factors.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A guide to making big decisions right now.
- I loved this profile on Klur skincare founder Lesley Thornton. This brand is on my list of ones to try soon!
- Loving this new recycling program Nordstrom just launched for beauty products!
- Bookmarking these 10 quick and easy fall dinner recipes that look oh so tasty.
- TikTok famous beauty products that are worth buying.
- I appreciate my friend Kat’s post on dealing with uncertainty. This has undoubtedly been one of the biggest challenges of 2020 in my opinion.
- Some leaf peeping drives to take if you’re in the Northeast.
- Advice for getting focused (so needed these days!)
- I loved my friend Rebecca’s roundup of books to transport you to Paris. There are some on her list that I haven’t yet read which was exciting to see! (And FYI that The Perfume Collector is one of my favorite books set in Paris!)
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Naadam makes so many cozy things – I love their loungewear in particular – and they are doing 20% off select SKUs this weekend! Use code FAM20.
- The tee I absolutely love (and that sold out right away) from MM.LaFleur is finally restocked! I own it in black and promptly ordered it in white. The quality and fit are SO good. It’s thicker than your average tee making it super flattering on.
- I loved hearing from so many of you about seeing I bought these Sam Edelman loafers (I wore them here) – you all are big fans and now I agree! Super comfy and great price point.
- Caudalie is running their Friends & Family sale! You can score 20% off and loads of other discounts and you guys know by now how much I love this line. Included are the two products that healed my maskne (and kept it away!) Other products to consider include this wonderful serum I just finished in record time because I love applying it that much, my favorite winter time moisturizer (this glycolic one is also great year round!), the best detox mask for whenever my skin is feeling meh, this brightening moisturizer that makes my skin look instantly better in the morning, this eye balm I absolutely love for helping minimize fine lines around my eyes and this radiance serum I use every morning. Sale ends Sunday so don’t delay!
- Sustainable shopping destination Amour Vert has some great new arrivals. One of my favorite wear-at-home pair of joggers is back in stock and with new colors and they have a puff sleeve striped sweatshirt that I’m obviously going to need.
- Scarf season is almost back and this one has great reviews and comes in loads of colors.
- Margaux just released a new boot and I love it. Looks so comfortable! Their shoes are so well made and so comfortable.
- Express just dropped some super cute chic jackets similar to those I shared in this post! They include this one that looks just like one I own, this one and this one.
- Hello great new arrivals from Shopbop! I am loving this hoodie + sweats set, this sweater, this top, this darling dress, this blazer, this cardigan, this jacket, this cozy + slouchy sweater and this chic sweater! Also my favorite black jeans I recently shared in this post are now available at Shopbop.
- The frill detail on collar and sleeves of this sweater is so pretty.
- Love this stylish, cozy jacket.
- I’ve been impressed so far with the Amazon brands I’ve been trying (I got these leggings and they passed my test!) and these joggers by this brand is next on my list to try. I also have my eye on this packable puffer jacket for under $40.
- The Monique Lhuillier collection for Pottery Barn is full of so many pretty things! I want this cocktail shaker, am in love with this glassware and these flameless candles are so beautiful.
- Trench coats are classic pieces and I love the more draped silhouette of this one.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My new favorite casual look for this season.
- The best Fall finds on Amazon Fashion right now.
- French girl closet staples – the striped tee.
- My favorite French inspired sweater.
- All my favorite fleeces.