This is my last Weekly Roundup of the year! Hard to believe we’re (finally!) concluding such an emotional, stressful, intense & memorable year. I for one am ready for it. I have two more posts planned for the year – the first will be the day after Christmas sharing some favorite sales and some gift ideas if you want to treat yourself and then my year in review will be up on the last day of the year. Otherwise I will be taking a break from the blog until about mid-January and I am also planning to sign off Instagram. This year has felt like such a marathon of content creation and my feeling of burnout is intense. I am hopeful that some time away from screens and sharing will restore me and reboot me for a new year.
I am wishing you all very happy holidays! Thank you so much for all the amazing support this year – I am forever grateful. Enjoy this week’s roundup (it’s a hefty one to close out the year!) & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Donated to ROAR to help NYC’s hurting restaurants and restaurant workers.
- Updated the Seasonal Favorites and Cozy & Casual Shops!
- Read my 2021 horoscope. I’m not usually big into these but my friend Anna’s story this week was so inspiring that I felt compelled to do so!
- Finished up final posts for wit & whimsy and began prepping some for January. Attempting to tie up all work-related loose ends in anticipation of some time off!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The power of playing games during the pandemic.
- Meaningful ways to support small businesses.
- These are the 50 most popular NYT recipes this year. And here are their best Christmas cookies!
- God love Vulture for doing a Nancy Meyers week! I feel like I’ve been inspired by Nancy all year long in this homebody life of ours.
- Virtual walking tours of NYC! If you can’t visit – these are a great way to get your fix!
- How you can donate your frequent flier miles. #SpreadKindnessSpreadJoy
- You can book a virtual ticket to stream The Nutcracker by The New York City Ballet! I usually go each Christmas and truly missed it last year so I love that they are doing this option.
- Grace is convincing me to try Melissa Wood Health in the new year.
- The best Christmas decorations in Paris.
- 25 feel good films to watch again and again.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- A lot of my clothes are still on sale! You can refer to this post to see the markdowns. A lot are low on inventory however so I’d act fast.
- Just in time for Winter, this stylish yet affordable parka.
- I treated myself to these booties from my Christmas list and they are even better in person. Definitely worth the splurge!
- Hello cute new arrivals at Shopbop! This sweater, this cardigan, this sweater, these jeans, these huggie earrings and this sweater!
- Summersalt just released more loungewear and I am adding some of it to my 2021 shopping list!
- This peplum sweater is so cute.
- I bought this sweater and it’s great. Perfectly oversized and a perfect mockneck. I got the white but love that it comes in 8 colors and is under $60!
- I recently bought this puffer coat and it’s great. There’s also a hooded version (that I sort of wish I had seen before I ordered the non-hooded version – ha!)
- I am adding this teddy coat to my cart, pronto! It is fleece lined! Also eyeing this sweater that has good reviews & is a classic style.
- If you’re looking for an affordable alternative to the Agolde Toni jeans I’m always wearing, these look really similar. Several readers recently told me they like this brand’s jeans!
- I’m loving LOFT’s newest arrivals. This coat, this sherpa sweatshirt, this sweater, this puff sleeve tee, this sweater, this sherpa zip up, this sherpa hoodie and these slippers are favorites I spotted.
- I found my beloved rain boots on sale!
- The Paris tourism board put together a virtual Christmas market with Paris experiences and gifts to give! I had so much fun browsing this.
- If you’re looking for an easy way to give this holiday season, The New York Times set up a Neediest Cases GoFundMe. You can donate here.
- If you’re still shopping The Holiday Shop has new additions that were just added! Don’t forget a lot of retailers like Nordstrom are offering shop online – pick up curbside so you can get your gifts sooner!
- Need a good last minute gift? Amazon has marked down a bunch of their devices. I love my EchoShow and Amazon Dot.
- Still on the hunt for stocking stuffers? Here are a lot – many of which will arrive by Christmas.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- wit & whimy’s 2020 bestsellers.
- Loungewear & athleisure for the New Year.
- At the Palace Hotel Christmas tree.
- One casual and one dressy Christmas outfit.
- The most Instagram-worthy holiday spots in NYC.
- Health and wellness gift ideas.
- Reflecting on the holidays in NYC this year.
Thank you for all of the content you created this year – it’s been such a bright spot of my mornings! I hope you enjoy your time off to unplug and recharge. I’m excited to see what you create for us next year!
Means everything to hear this – thank you so much, Ashley!!
I will miss you in these weeks Meghan, just know that your content is amazing and a huge bright spot!!!!! I know how much work it is!
Thank you so much, Laura! Truly touched by this! Two more posts this year to look forward to also 🙂
Thank you for all the great Weekend Roundups and posts you’ve shared throughout the year. ! hope you are having a wonderful time over the holidays and get to rest and recharge.
The 2021 horoscope read is quite a fun and interesting one. Also, love your Rag & Bone booties splurge, they look amazing – enjoy them!
B from The Career Edit
So appreciate all your support this year!!