Well, that’s it. This week’s heat wave officially made me ready for Fall. I’m more of a Fall person than Summer anyhow but now I’m really over the humidity and sweaty season and ready to welcome back sweater weather and my favorite jeans and blazers. Who is with me!?
As such, I worked on prepping quite a bit of Fall content this week! I’ve decided to develop a downloadable PDF for wit & whimsy email subscribers that will outline what I think are worthwhile Fall Statement pieces for your closet. If you want to get it when it is live, you’ll have to be on the list! It will not be published as a standalone blog post. I’m excited to work on it and share it with you guys soon!
I hope you enjoy this week’s roundup & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I bought some items for some teachers to help clear their lists. A follower shared two so if you’d like to do a bit of good this Friday, let’s help this teacher and this teacher to buy supplies for their kiddos and classrooms!
- Made a new styling reel! You can shop my slip dress here. I’m wearing a M. (These videos are so out of my comfort zone but I’m doing my best to push myself & learn!)
- Had the best breakfast at Gertie in Williamsburg with my friend Carly. Don’t miss the breakfast sandwich!
- Finally got back to my daily Melissa Wood Health workouts. It felt so good!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- A brief history of summer reading.
- I enjoyed Grace’s reflection on living alone.
- How the Photo Dump on Instagram came to popularity. I personally love them!
- Jenni Kayne has become one of my favorite indulgences in the past year so it’s no surprise that I loved seeing inside her beautiful Californian home.
- How delicious does this farro with roasted summer vegetables sound?
- How to plan an international trips. Such handy tips from my friend Jess!
- Two years ago I went to an exhibit put on by Louis Vuitton about their history with the travel industry so it was fun to revisit reading about their storied trunks.
- On why leaving New York is so hard.
- How to ask for a more flexible work schedule.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- My favorite croissant-inspired ring is back in stock!
- Sezane’s new arrivals for early Fall are here!! I am eyeing this plaid shirt, this amazing plaid jacket, this sweater and this one, too, this gorgeous lace top and these classic booties. And while you’re shopping, don’t miss my favorite Sezane Essentials.
- Also back in stock: one of my favorite pairs of jeans for Fall & Winter. The Washed Black shade is so good. Also they just launched their $50 jeans sale! I own this pair, this pair & this pair. See also my Everlane Denim Guide.
- This little mini dress has the cutest bow on the back, has great reviews & is perfect for late summer heat.
- I’m also loving this wrap dress for an affordable update your wardrobe when you’re sick of all your summer outfits by this time of the season.
- Also in pretty dresses: this one from Madewell.
- One of my favorite sweaters is now back in stock. I’m wearing a M. It’s an investment but this brand is so well made. I wear my sweaters by them all the time. I also have officially added the cardigan version to my Fall Wish List (to be published soon!)
- You know my love of tweed jackets – I just bought this one (And the matching skirt!)
- J.Crew has just come out with the perfect date nigh silk camisole.
- Need a new bag for commuting again? Cuyana’s classic leather tote is my favorite and now comes in so many colors.
- Reformation just launched their sale! Grab loads of their styles now marked down.
- MM.LaFleur just dropped their Pre-Fall Collection and it’s full of staples! My favorites include this silk tank, this pullover, this chic jumpsuit, this cool tee I just ordered and this hoodie. And I was thrilled to see new colors of my beloved Leslie T-Shirt (I own it in Black and Ivory) and my favorite Jardigan (see it on here!)
- Added this chic jacket to my cart immediately – it’s so my style!
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- My Favorite Vitamin C Serums For Brightening.
- Recent Favorite Amazon Purchases I’ve Loved.
- How to Spend a Long Weekend in Paris.
- On the Beach in Newport.
- Summer Neutrals from Amazon Fashion.
- The Best Places to Get Pampered in New York.
- Demystifying Wine Pairings for Dinner.
[Outfit via – most of it is on sale!]