This week I was…on.edge. My anxiety has been bad and my overall feelings of doom have been building following this week’s current events and looking forward to next week’s. I hope you’re hanging in there. We can hang in there together! I’m distracting myself in major ways with work – and I’m grateful to be busy at the moment as it is proving the best way to get through each day not feeling like my nerves are fraying. This week’s roundup is a hefty one – I hope you enjoy it & have a wonderful weekend!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Made this recipe which was a quarantine favorite and totally hit the spot on a cooler, rainy night this week.
- Updated my J.Crew sweater blazer review post! It now has more styling ideas and more detail.
- Worked lots on Holiday content! Planning shoots, prepping gift guides and more.
- Stress ate A LOT of candy!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Things are crazy right now – here are ways to help your anxiety.
- This California home is so gorgeous! Love how serene it is.
- Liz Adams designed such a beautiful collection of jewelry with Dana Rebecca Designs! The pieces are so my style – dainty & versatile.
- How to handle feeling less motivated after seven months of this pandemic.
- Did you watch Trump’s 60 Minutes interview? It was truly horrifying to see how disrespectful he was to a journalist doing their job.
- What if friendship – instead of marriage – was at the center of life? Such an interesting read.
- Look at these amazing pieces of art!
- I love that TIME Magazine made this move.
- Chrissy Teigen’s essay on her recent pregnancy loss was so heartbreaking and so moving.
- If you’re celebrating Halloween this weekend, try one of these festive cocktail recipes!
- Love this list of a few simple ways to be more sustainable at home.
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- Eileen Fisher launched sleepwear! It looks so, so good.
- Even more great new Abercrombie arrivals! Loving these “cozy joggers,” this textured sweater, this hooded puffer jacket, these jeans, this hooded sherpa jacket that I have a feeling will sell out and this puff sleeve cable knit sweater that I bought immediately.
- My beloved sweater blazer now comes in a great plaid. LOVE it! I wear a size Small. Also from J.Crew: my fleece and my blazer seen here are newly restocked!
- And oh man the J.Crew new arrivals that they dropped on Tuesday – so good! This striped turtleneck, this new fleece, this cute beanie, this chic winter parka, this festive scarf, these waffle joggers…just to name a few of the many standouts! And I of course had to buy this ruffle neck sweater immediately.
- Also J.Crew Factory is 60% off everything (!!!) through tonight! I am loving this holiday top that looks like the one I wore here (and this one is great, too!), this cute beanie, this great cardigan, these classic best-selling pajamas, these tartan face masks (#2020), this classic coat, these rain boots that look like mine, these darling flats and this sweater dress that could be dressed up or dressed down.
- The Old Navy microfleece pajamas were a favorite buy last year and one of my bestselling items – now they are finally back! Can’t recommend them enough. So, so plush and cozy.
- My favorite Fall candle is now at Nordstrom!
- For my fellow Francophiles, how great is this Eiffel Tower ornament?
- Nordstrom’s private label brand Leith has so many good sweaters right now! I spotted this one, this one, this one & this one.
- Also from Nordstrom: How fabulous is this faux fur reversible vest and this affordable moto jacket?
- My favorite sweatshirt (and go-to top for all Zoom calls) has more colors now! I own it in black and in white.
- How cute are these mules by Soludos?
- My favorite striped tee recently featured in this post is now finally back in stock! I own it in the M.
- Hello, cute coats at Target! This quilted bomber, this puffer jacket, this sherpa zip up, this classic staples and this hooded sherpa jacket (!) all caught my eye.
- The Shopbop Fall Sale is on and there are a lot of great items! Including these jeans, this blazer, these jeans, these practical flats, these jeans, this tee, these jeans that I recently bought (size 27), these APL sneakers I recently bought, too, this favorite cashmere sweater of mine (had it for nearly 7 years in two colors!) and this tweed blazer.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Some favorite cashmere and all the best coats out now.
- What it was like to work with a professional organizer.
- All the best breakfast spots in Paris.
- All my favorite cozy things right now.
- A favorite cardigan styled two ways.