The last few years I’ve had fun doing one final *sort of* gift guide post-Christmas with a few ideas to gift yourself as all the sales once again start up or really if you just want to treat yourself. We’ve all endured a lot this year so a present to yourself is certainly a worthwhile idea I think! This year’s inclusions are basically a list of things I own and love and can’t recommend enough as a way to treat yourself. So go ahead, you’ve earned it! Also included at the bottom of the post are a few post-Christmas sales worth shopping. I’ll have my final post of the year up on the 31st – hope you’re having wonderful holidays!
Gift Ideas for Yourself:
- Five Minute Journal: My personal favorite and such a good habit to start at the onset of a new year.
- Custom Phone Case: We’re on our phones all day. So may as well dress it up in something that makes you happy, right? I love my custom The Daily Edited phone cases.
- FitBit: This was one of my best purchases this year to help motivate me. Start out 2021 on the right foot with this handy device.
- Sultra Wand: The wand I use every time to do my curls.
- Sarah Flint Natalie Flats: My favorite flats and worth every penny. You’ll elevate every outfit when you wear these. Use code SARAHFLINT-MEGHAN for $50 off your first pair.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones: Upgrade your life in 2021. These are game-changers.
- APL Sneakers: I love mine so much I bought another pair this year. These are so comfy, require no-socks and look stylish while being practical. I wear them on nearly all my walks.
- Cluse Watch: My everyday timepiece and you can’t beat the price.
- Follain Refillable Soap: Practical and good for the environment.
- Nespresso Machine: My lifeline in quarantine life this year. I’ve had my machine for nearly 6 years and love it as much as they day I got it.
- Cashmere Joggers: My favorite lounge pants at home. Truly so luxurious to wear. I sized down in them to a small. Relatedly, the Nadaam Cashmere Hoodie is amazing. (I sized up to a Large).
- Brooklinen Sheets and/or Towels: There’s nothing better than new linens or big, fluffy bath towels and Brooklinen makes my favorites. Moreover, you’ll be happy you invested in them all year round.
- Aquis Hair Towel: Banish frizz and blowdrying annoyances with this magical towel.
- Marc Fisher Izzie Boots: I tried to get these for the last two Winters and they kept selling out so I nabbed them as soon as they launched this summer. They are so comfortable and so warm. I am in love with this purchase and you guys have already made them a bestseller. Definitely worth it.
- RMS Blush in Lost Angel: The prettiest glow with a few sweeps.
- Vince Slip on Sneakers: I’m on my second pair of these. So easy to slip on and run errands and yet look chic. Some sizes and colors are on sale here.
- Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Blush: The prettiest cream blush. I love to layer this and the RMS one!
- Vuori Joggers: Everyone’s favorite buttery soft joggers. I wear size S.
- Vuori Energy Top: My all time favorite workout top. I wear a M.
- Cozy Pajamas: This pair (size M) and this pair (size S) are personal favorites.
- Cozy Crewneck Sweater: One of my favorites to live in. I wear a M.
- Dudley Stephens Park Slope Fleece: A fleece to live in all Winter.
- Lou & Grey Upstate Sweatpants: I am obsessed with these joggers. So cozy, so comfy and yet much more elevated than your average sweats for WFH and weekends. Wear them with the matching sweatshirt for a cute matching set.
- Common Projects Sneakers: Investment sneakers that are worth it. With our new casual lifestyles I can guarantee the cost per wear on these are worth it. My full review & all the ways I’ve worn mine can be read here.
- Sherpa fleece pullover: So affordable, so cozy. You’ll live in this all winter long.
- Lululemon Leggings: Your legging game will be much improved with this purchase. These were a top seller on wit & whimsy this year and you guys all tell me you think they’re worth the price tag.
- Otherland: Chic candles to adorn your space in the new year.
- Amazon Prime: Because it’ll change your life for the better in the new year. 2 day shipping! Grocery delivery! Video streaming! And so much more. See all my Amazon favorites here.
- Yeti Tumbler: Finally bought one myself this year and it has been such a happy purchase.
- Susanne Kauffman Oil for the Senses: My bath time obsession. I go through two bottles a year. Other bath favorites here.
- YSL Card Case: This is the only wallet I have carried since I bought it over two years ago. It makes me happy every day because it is in fact that pretty!
- New Makeup Brushes: Upgrade your get-ready routine. I have these and love them.
- The Universe Has Your Back Book: A book to ready your mindset for a new year. It totally changed my life.
- Necessaire Body Wash + LuvScrub: Level up your shower game with two of my favorite rituals. These are a match made in heaven.
- MM.LaFleur Leslie Tee: Let’s all commit to better basics in 2021 shall we? This is one of my favorite tees. Such great quality, thick so it doesn’t stretch out and from a female founded small business.
And if you’re curious to shop what other wit & whimsy readers loved this year – here are the 2020 bestsellers.
Also some post-Christmas sales worth shopping are on now.
Post-Christmas Sale Picks:
- Equilibria CBD: New customers get 50% off your first month of subscription, plus 20% off ALL subscription orders after that! You must use this link and code witwhimsy50 at checkout. The subscription offers the best value and you can switch up which products you get each month and cancel at any time. If you’re looking for a good way to start the new year with more calm + balance – this is such a good gift to yourself and one of the best sales the brand has ever offered! CBD also works best when taken consistently so the subscription is the best way to experience the brand’s benefits.
- Shopbop marked down a ton of inventory so their Sale Section is well worth a look.
- Everlane is doing an end of year sale! Up to 60% off a lot of their items. See favorites that I own from the brand by browsing here.
- Nordstrom launched their Half Yearly Sale and so many good items are marked down! Ugg boots, my favorite Marc Fisher booties, cashmere, great coats & lots more.
- Amazon Fashion has marked down a ton of wear-them-now styles. You can source my past Amazon Fashion picks here and see what I own from Amazon Fashion here.
- LOFT has a major sale going on and their new arrivals are great. Same with Lou & Grey who I love for all things soft & cozy. And don’t miss Ann Taylor‘s after Christmas sale.
- J.Crew has loads of markdowns. I am loving their new arrivals (so many fun and festive finds for this time of year!) but the sale also includes a lot of items I own and love including: this sweater blazer (for styling and size details see here), this coat, this festive top and scarf seen recently here, these jeans, this coat, my hair bow I own in several colors, this headband, my classic pajamas, these earrings, this sweater coat I love (size way down – I have the XS!), this fleece and this one, too, this top and these velvet pants (hello, elastic waistband!), my ruffleneck sweater recently seen here, this beanie I wore here, these festive pants and be sure to check out all the cashmere on sale, too.
- J.Crew Factory has been so good lately and now practically everything is on sale.
- Madewell: Here are all the best selling styles. Favorites of mine can be found in this post.
Don’t forget you can shop my closet here and here is a recent post featuring lots of items I own that have been on sale recently. Finally, if you spotted things you wanted in my 2020 gift guides, many may be on sale now so you can peruse them all here.
Happy shopping, friends! xx