Happy Friday you guys! Did you have a good Thanksgiving? It sure was a strange one we’ll all remember wasn’t it? In addition to this week’s roundup I’m also sharing all my favorite Black Friday sales going on now. They are a bit overwhelming this year so I hope you find my curation helpful!
And if you’re eyeing pieces I’ve worn on the blog to see if they are on sale – I’d recommend checking here and then also this recent post. And a quick reminder that the holiday shop has been refreshed and has loads of cute gift ideas, holiday outfit ideas & holiday decor so don’t miss perusing those extensive categories!
I hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend! Happy shopping!
My Top Six Black Friday Sales:
- J.Crew: 50% off (!!!) I am loving their new arrivals (so many fun and festive finds for this time of year!) but the sale also includes a lot of items I own and love including: this sweater blazer (for styling and size details see here), this coat, this festive top and scarf seen recently here, these jeans, this coat, my hair bow I own in several colors, this headband, my classic pajamas, these earrings, this sweater coat I love (size way down – I have the XS!), this fleece and this one, too, this top and these velvet pants (hello, elastic waistband!), my ruffleneck sweater recently seen here, this beanie I wore here, these festive pants and be sure to check out all the cashmere on sale, too. They also have loads of good gift ideas for Guys and for little boys & little girls!
- J.Crew Factory is up to 70% off– wowza! Don’t miss my favorite velvet hair bow, this festive top I own, this scarf, these plush socks, these black watch pants (love this pair, too!), these cozy slippers, this classic coat, these jammies and this cute headband I have. They also have lots of cute matching pajamas!
- Equilibria CBD: My favorite CBD brand, Equilibria is offering 20% off sitewide – this includes everything from the limited-edition holiday gift sets to all of Equilibria’s core products including my favorite Daily Drops (Mint and Cranberry Elderflower are my favorite flavors!) & Daily Softgels. If you’ve never bought from the brand before you can also use my code of witwhimsy at checkout for an additional 15% off! Lastly, anyone who spends $150+ will receive a full-size Daily Treatment Oil (Equilibria’s brand new skincare product I keep on my nightstand and apply before bed) as a free gift with their purchase – it’s a $68 value. So run, don’t walk for this promo. You can read lots more about how I use their products here.
- Everlane: Everlane has never done a promotion on Black Friday before and now they are offering 40% off some of their most popular styles like their Cheeky Denim and Cashmere assortment. They are also donating to and raising money for Feeding America. Several of my staples are included: these boots, this coat & this coat, this favorite pair of jeans and the blazer I own in 4 colorways (size down at least a size!).
- Ann Taylor: 50% off everything! WOAH. Shop their new arrivals first because they’re so good! And see all my favorites from the brand + 2 holiday looks styled in this recent post.
- Shopbop: 20% off orders over $200! The Shopbop sale never disappoints and it is when I treat myself to the more designer items I’ve been eyeing. Use code SHOP20. Below are some of my top picks from Shopbop plus a shoppable widget of even more items from Shopbop that I own that are on sale.
Some of my Top Shopbop Sale Picks:
My all time favorite Fall & Winter bootie. So comfortable and one of the items I hear most about from you guys that you absolutely love and that they were worth the investment. A full review with styling ideas can be found here. They also come in a gorgeous cognac color.
These Rocket Crop Jeans. They have some nice stretch to them and look great with a variety of shoes. I have size 28 but could have also done 27.
This gorgeous lace top that now comes in loads of colors. Wearing a M.
These Commando Faux Leather Leggings. Perfect for pairing with oversized cozy sweaters at home and for around town. Size M.
One of my most worn sneakers (I am on my second pair!) They are perfect for errands, with loungewear and with athleisure. So comfortable and super chic. TTS.
Other Shopbop Things I Own:
The Best of the Rest of Black Friday:
- & Other Stories: 20% off everything; 30% additional off sale. Their coats and sweaters are always worth shopping. They do easy free returns, too. This is one of my favorite oversized sweaters. Go at least one size down!
- Amazon: Loads of markdowns across categories. All my Amazon favorites can be shopped here. Also a lot of my favorite home items will be marked down, too! Mostly I’d look at great bigger ticket items like Apple Watches, Apple Macbooks and Apple Airpods all with markdowns on select models, a Kitchen Aid mixer, Nespresso machines (this is the one I have and love!), Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones (I never travel without them but they are also great for WFH if you have noisy neighbors, construction sounds, etc.!), Fitbits, iRobot Roombas, a Soda Stream, Dyson items and InstantPots. And btw if you’re not an Amazon Prime member yet I cannot recommend it enough! A lot of the picks from my Amazon Prime Day roundup may also be marked down if you’re looking for some guidance!
- Amazon Fashion for great deals on shoes, coats and accessories. I recommend this pair and this pair of Levi’s, these classic Adidas Stan Smith sneakers on sale, this cozy cardigan perfect for home wear, these workout leggings from Champion, this classic trench, this slouchy yet chic sweater, this cool puffer, this classic timepiece by Daniel Wellington (this one) too and this comfy Calvin Klein underwear. A lot of the items I featured in this post are now marked down, too! And items I own from Amazon Fashion can be found here.
- Abercrombie: I have been amazed at how many cute and age appropriate things for even those of us in our 30s Abercrombie has been releasing this year. Now is the time to get them on sale for 40% off. I suggest browsing their new arrivals and don’t miss this coat and favorite fleece of mine and the chic puffer I wore here. I wear a M in this brand.
- Anthropologie: 30% off everything!! I can’t wait to buy holiday decor in particular and I’ll also be shopping all their gift selections.
- Athleta: 20% off! I love these leggings, this sports bra, this sports bra and this crop top for yoga.
- Bloomingdale’s: Up to 25% off of your purchase but I’d preference picks from their in-house brand Aqua which has so many stylish & affordable finds. Especially if you want some great cashmere pieces or fun party looks! Including the sweater I just wore here as well as this one.
- Brooklinen: Longtime readers know I’m obsessed with Brooklinen’s Classic Sheets and Bath Towels and they’re doing 20% off. I can’t recommend this brand enough – go ahead and treat yo self and upgrade your bed or bath!
- Club Monaco: You can get up to 30% off everything! Their new arrivals are really good but I always think buying a coat from CM this time of year is the best bet.
- Crate & Barrel: Up to 30% off. I personally can’t get enough of their glassware, decor and they also have so many good gift ideas this year. Free furniture delivery, too!
- Cuyana: I’ve never seen this brand mark down before! They’re offering 15% off their classics – this is one of my all time favorite brands to buy gifts from.
- Dermstore: Up to 30% off select items. Skincare goals for 2021? Check!
- Dyson: The vacuum that changed my life is on sale! It is 100% worth the upgrade.
- Elemis: 30% off so many of their amazing skincare products! This cleansing balm and this eye mask are two of my absolute favorites.
- Follain: 20% off! A few brands are excluded. All my favorites at Follain can be seen here.
- H&M: 30% off your purchase. Their sweaters and coats are the best thing to shop in my opinion.
- Ilia Beauty: My favorite clean makeup brand is doing 20% off! You can read about all my favorites in this full review post.
- Land’s End: So much good outerwear in particular.
- LOFT and Lou & Grey: 50% off your purchase. I spotted so many cute things in the new arrivals but absolutely do not miss the famed Upstate Sweatpants and sweatshirt set. I recommend sizing down.
- Lululemon: Loads of styles are marked down. I think their Men’s collection makes great gifts for guys, too.
- LL Bean: 20% off bean boots? Yes, please! They never go on sale!
- Madewell: 30% off almost everything on the site and 50% off best sellers – think: boots, purses, denim, outerwear, sweaters, and more! here are all the best selling styles. Favorites of mine can be found in this post.
- Mango: They’re doing 30% off your entire purchase! Their coats + sweaters are THE BEST.
- Margaux: Timeless, comfortable shoes you’ll reach for time and time again. They rarely do sales so hop to their 20% off sale. A few exclusions apply.
- Naadam: The makers of super soft and cozy cashmere and my favorite hoodie (L) and matching cashmere joggers (S).
- Night: The maker of my favorite protective face masks (I have black and blush) and my pillow are doing their biggest sale of the year – 30% off!
- Nordstrom: Up to 50% off! Coats, boots, Tory Burch flats, jeans, Hunter boots, sherpa jackets and so much more marked down! Also lots of good gifts for guys (always need help in this department!), beauty sets for your nieces/girlfriends/colleagues/bosses and home gifts, too (Bose speakers! Cozy throws!) Don’t miss their holiday decor, either.
- Old Navy: Get 50% off your entire purchase! They have great jackets right now and they make some of the best pajamas. I highly recommend these pajamas and these pajamas, this sporty puffer jacket, these cozy socks, this plaid shirt and this sherpa jacket each of which I own. All their best new arrivals are here.
- Otherland: The brand almost never discounts so run don’t walk for their 20% off. I think their Trio Sets make the loveliest gifts. These candles burn clean, burn long and my favorite scents are the Cardamom Milk and Fallen Fir.
- Sweaty Betty: 30% off everything! I’ve never seen this brand discount more than 25% off so this is major. This is my all time favorite sports bra and I have these fleece joggers and this pullover and they are so comfy for lounging around.
- Talbots: 50% off your entire purchase! This is the biggest promo they’ve ever run!
- The Daily Edited: The only place I’ve bought my custom phone cases from for over four years now. Such great quality and so beautiful. Now 20% off. Most of their items make great + thoughtful gifts thanks to all the personalization options.
- True & Co. The MVPs of quarantine are this bra & this bra. Supportive and yet no underwire. True game changers for me this year!
- True Botanicals: Score 20% off your order of this beloved skincare. Don’t miss my favorite nighttime routine aromatherapy roller. I also love this brand’s facial oils!
- Verishop: Verishop has such an awesome curation. It’s a relatively new site but I’ve been shopping from there quite a bit this year. I particularly love their Home assortment. Code HOLIDAY will get you 25% off Fashion (they carry a lot of great brands) and 15% off Home and Beauty & Wellness. Don’t miss browsing their Gifts section, too.
Now, onto regularly scheduled programming with the weekly roundup!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- Celebrated a Thanksgiving on Zoom from my apartment solo. It was partially heartbreaking but also led me to spend more time recognizing all I have to be grateful for after such a hard year. I also made myself plenty of delicious food 🙂 I hope you had a nice & safe holiday.
- Shot a lot of holiday campaigns for brands I love and am so excited to work with. One of them I am working with for the first time formally and SO pumped about it. It’ll be live on Instagram today!
- Totally updated the My Closet part of The Shop! This is the best place to look for things you’ve seen me wearing.
- Made this delicious bolognese. Incredibly easy and so flavorful!
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- Ina Garten’s best cooking tips? Yes, please.
- How to visit Paris tonight. (My ideas here).
- Want more virtual travel? I discovered this Living Walks YouTube channel which is great for armchair wanderlust.
- Looking to do a virtual watch party? I just learned there are great ways to do this! My BFF lives in CA and we wanted to watch a cheesy Christmas movie together and voila! We were able to do so. Not as good as being together – but still pretty nice.
- I was so honored that La Cuisine Paris included my croissant stationery in their French Gifts Gift Guide.
- Are these the best Netflix Holiday movies?
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- I love the sleeves on this sweater. This one also looks so good.
- You can now customize a pair of my favorite flats! Margaux now offers monogramming of these famed ballet flats.
- This top is an easy and affordable top that would look good on Zoom.
- Ok I may need these cozy booties. They look heavenly!
- I love this silk slip dress. I’d wear it over a turtleneck.
- I love that this sweater has a peplum on it to make it just a bit dressier.
- Ok this Columbia sherpa zip up looks SO soft! I love how it comes in so many colors.
- I just ordered this puffer after hearing good things.
- I love that these soft PJs come in so many good colors and prints.
- How gorgeous are these champagne glasses? Similar to mine that I love but a bit more affordable.
- These slippers look like UGG but are a fraction of the price.
- My friend Blair designed such cute planners for the new year here & here. May we all have more plans to be made in 2021!
- I always sleep on flannel sheets when home in Colorado and now find myself craving a set for my own home. The NYT rated these the best.
- How cool is this smoking cloche? Perfect the guy who loves to play bartender at home!
- This watch is beautiful and looks more expensive than its price tag. A perfect gift.
- This velvet dress is super affordable and would work well for holiday festivities.
- Have someone on your list who is tough to shop for? I love the idea of a fresh flower subscription. It’s happiness delivered every month!
- I mentioned the cool kitchen brand Material in last week’s roundup (I am loving my new items from there!) and they just launched Kinder Kitchens – between November 23 and December 1, all of their goods will be available at a (rare!) discount and you’ll have the opportunity to contribute a portion of your discount as a donation to one of two organizations that give back to important aspects of the food & hospitality industries : Heart of Dinner and Drive Change.
- I think a coffee table book always makes a nice gift and the NYT did a great roundup of ones that make great gifts.